“I'm So Glad We Happened Upon This Place”
Review of NU goldsmith

NU goldsmith
Ranked #11 of 31 Shopping in Dingle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Handmade contemporary jewellery in Dingle, Co. Kerry. Original design influenced by simple living in West Kerry. I love to work alone in my studio/shop and enjoy the concentration of my bench work. Please make an appointment if intending to visit as I do not work regular hours. Work Life Balance is very important to me.
Reviewed 28 September 2015

We wandered into a small art gallery and really liked the owner's ring. She referred us to NU, which was a few doors down. We went in there the next day. The jewelry that Niamh makes is creative and unique. I started trying on rings while my boyfriend and I started discussing what we liked (and could afford). Niamh started pulling out raw materials, and drawing pictures. She started trying to assemble the materials in a way where we could imagine the final outcome for both of our rings. We finalized the ideas and paid for the rings. She made them within a few days so we could have them before we left the country. We were both surprised and how lovely they looked in person. I am so happy we met her because now we both have these beautiful one-of-a-kind rings!

Niamh U, Owner at NU goldsmith, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Hi Shannon, I just loved making your rings...so personal and so different. Thank you! Niamh

Reviewed 21 September 2015

We first saw Niamh’s work on a ring she made for a woman we met at the Dingle Music Shop. She highly recommended her work. We thought maybe we would find our wedding rings at NU Goldsmith. When we walked into her gallery her work was classy, artistic, creative, and had such beautiful lines. We bought two rings that we originally planned to use as our wedding rings. However, when we got back to the states we decided to ask Niamh to make custom wedding rings for us. We loved her style and philosophy of making unique, one of a kind rings. Our journey with Niamh began … I drew the design and sent them to Niamh. We corresponded via email in order to get everything just right. Niamh was wonderful guiding us through the process. Our rings turned out so perfectly, uniquely… US!!! WE LOVE THEM!!! Niamh’s artistry and craftsmanship made our vision come to life. We have a piece of Niamh and Ireland with us forever!

Niamh U, Owner at NU goldsmith, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thank you! I know that the rings will be worn with love and happiness. Congratulations to you both on your marriage. Niamh.

Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Niamh has an amazing eye when it comes to creating individual & unique pieces of jewellery...she is an artist in her field.
Her attention to detail & valuable suggestions/advice when working on your special piece of jewellery is marvellous.
I have invested in a few items from Niamh myself as I feel her innovative & ingenious designs will stand the test of time too..
I highly recommend taking a trip to her store in Dingle...you will not be disappointed. Go n-éirí an bóthair leat

Niamh U, Owner at NU goldsmith, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Hi CasaMia96! Thank you for your great review...Looking forward to seeing you in the new year.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

Niamh's work is exquisite artistic expression!! Unique, solid, bold, beautiful! I, too, get compliments when wearing her pieces - for me, bracelets. They stand out. People notice. They're warm, solid, segments of gold, silver and gemstone. The workmanship is of a quality that will last a lifetime of wear. And Niamh herself is of the same nature - warm, down to earth, fun to talk with, responsive, quick. The store is like a high-end artistic oasis in Dingle. A pleasure just to be there. And Niamh's response to online or email queries is just as engaging and quick as if in the store.

So - I highly recommend stopping in, getting to know Niamh. Experience the pleasure, and walk out owning a unique work of art.

Niamh U, Owner at NU goldsmith, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was great to see you again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 July 2015

First came across this great shop many years ago. Went in and fell in love-both with the jewellery and staff/owner. Nothing mass manufactured here. Very individual pieces, yet distinctly Niamh. Always get admiring looks and comments when wearing her pieces.She caters for all ends of the spectrum, from small silver pieces to very considered purchases, and her online service manages to be as personal as calling in to the shop.

Niamh U, Owner at NU goldsmith, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2015

Hello, thank you for the great review. It was great to see you again today and to give your "NU" pieces a clean. Your sparkling again !!