“Fantastic little gem...”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge - The apartment has open plan lounge - kitchen - dining Bedroom
Lounge - The apartment has open plan lounge - kitchen - dining
Bedroom
Kitchen
Dining
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Lang51
“Fantastic little gem...”
Reviewed 5 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I booked this little gem based on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor - and can honestly say it really does live up to what people have said. Such a great little find, reasonably priced and fantastically located for walking and relaxing. Great little space for the two of us and our dog. The cottage has all that you could need and more, comfy beds, great shower facilities, kitchen has all the utensils required. Excellent arrival and departure process - completely seamless. Amazing views of fields, sheep and the sky - our ideal. Spotlessly clean through out - and we had no problems at all throughout the stay. Hopefully we will be back very soon.

Carolward...
Elstree, England, United Kingdom
“Litton - Short Break 3 nights”
Reviewed 27 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We loved this place and it was ideal for our needs. We just wanted a short stay between visiting our daughter in Nottingham and a week booked in the Lake District. We had with us our two 10yr old West Highland Terrier. It is as described and had everything we needed. The door opens to a small garden the gate of which is right on a footpath going up the hill. It was lovely to be so close to the sheep and cattle which did not bother us at all. The local pub was excellent although we did not eat there as we were on a budget so cooked in the apartment instead. We walked the self guided trail of the Litton loop in two sections which was very easy and takes in part of the Cressbrook Dale. Nearby TIdeswell is very interesting to visit. We also visited the Chestnut Centre Otter, Owl & Wildlife Centre at Chapel En Frith. Dont miss the stunning views as you walk from the car park as you by pass them on the route back. We would definitely like to stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was small and compact but had room enough for us and dogs. It made for less cleaning on exit
Liked least: The grass needs cutting. Would make it easier to pooper scoop.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
BigFatGoa...
“Would stay again!”
Reviewed 29 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My husband and I have a lovely 2 night stay at Meadow View Holiday Apartment. It's located in a lovely little village in gorgeous countryside, and it is within easy driving distance of many sights and places to visit.

The apartment itself is spacious and well decorated. There are plates, bowls, glasses, and all basic cooking instruments. I would have liked to have some basic spices - at least salt and pepper. The bathroom is large with a wonderful large bath and overhead shower. I couldn't find a hair dryer, which was a bit of a let down. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of storage space for our things.

Overall we were very happy with our stay and would definitely stay again!

Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
SeriousTr...
London
“nice location, pub nearby serves excellent food. WARNING - be extremely careful on the uneven paving by front door”
Reviewed 27 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

It was built in 2009 so is modern and fitted with current appliances. The two Velux windows in the roof are well positioned to let in light and allow you to see the sheep in the field - delightful. Inside it is cosy, generally big enough though I bumped my head twice on the sloping roof while having a shower - not an especially big problem. While the window in the front ‘stable’ door is small it was very nice to be able to see the blossom on the tree outside. It is unfortunate the kitchen table is low so does not offer a view – had the weather been warmer it would have been nice to eat outside. It has a good TV and a comfortable settee. The kitchen is well equipped and as someone who generally doesn’t stay in a self-catering apartment I thought it was well presented internally. It was disappointing the grass in the small area by the front door was circa 10 inches tall; it would have been better had it been cut.

I encountered one problem, and it was / is a big problem. I fell over a paving slab between the front door and the gate – the slabs are not at the same level and there is a step of circa two inches and although I’d walked over it several times before, I didn’t spot the two inch step on one occasion – I had a bad fall, significantly hurting myself; I was extremely lucky not to break any bones. I’ve contacted the owners to make them aware of the problem and suggested they lay a level path with only one step. Leaving that issue aside, would I stay again - quite possibly.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: good location, modern, cosy
Liked least: I had a very bad fall on the paving stones by the front door!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Fraggle42
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 24 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

We have just spent 3 nights/4 days in the beautiful peak district and this great apartment. Great base for exploring the nearby towns, villages and countryside. Great communication from the owner when booking. Lovely, comfortable, clean apartment. Plenty of space for myself, my husband and our dog. Location is great with views over the fields full of lambs. Local pub 5 mins walk serves delicious food.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$90
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing