“Kitchen Nightmares: The Live Edition”

Ricci's Fine Italian Foods
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Bakewell
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Description: Ricci's is a small Cafe that now serves that elusive pizza, GLUTEN FREE which neither resembles nor tastes like cardboard. The dough has been developed by our talented young team, led by Olivia, and can be made to order, though cafe that prides itself on good quality food. We serve imported Italian Coffee, Pizza our Pasta Sauces are made to authentic Italian Recipes and cooked the Italian way. Our Pizza Dough is made fresh on the premises daily. Specialist meats (inc Mortadella, Salami and Guanciale) and Cheeses (inc Parmesan and Pecorino) are imported from Italy. There will be regularly changing 'Specials' available, again made to authentic Italian recipes. All of our takeaway packaging is now either recyclable or biodegradable. Ricci's also believes in giving youngsters a chance, with many of the team taking their first steps into the real world of working. We aim to bring the real taste of Italy to our beautiful little corner of the English Peak District.
Reviewed 11 June 2021

If you’re looking for somewhere to sit in the street for free with no food to eat and dramatic live entertainment then this is the place to be. Witnessed staff being patronised and one even being fired on the spot, then the owner shouting at the parent of the young girl. He also took it upon himself to give a dramatic monologue in the street to me and my friends to tell us it was our fault we had waited 2 hours for food, since we ordered it separately. As if we were to know that the owner was deluded enough to make one meal at a time, even though we were clearly all together. I don’t think any other establishment has taken on this rule for good reasons of common sense. The customer service at Ricci’s is the worst I have ever came across, have you not heard of ‘the customer is always right’? You can’t expect to have good reviews when constantly deflecting your own mistakes onto your customers who arrive with zero expectation and still leave with a slap on the back of the hand.
Good luck on your journey of failure in the hospitality industry.

3  Thank frillyishsocks
Villagecobbler, Owner at Ricci's Fine Italian Foods, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2021

The wait between first order and the last item being delivered was approximately 75 mins, not 2 hours.
The young girls was not fired on the spot, the young girl was physically dragged from the Cafe by her mother, an act of violence that I do not condone. I also received a torrent of abuse from the mother and wanted to make sure the young girl was OK.

Write a reviewReviews (701)

Reviewed 11 June 2021

The guy needs his hard drive checked ASAP, 2 hour wait for food and he expects you to pay to sit and wait outside for it

Date of visit: June 2021

Like most establishments at present, I abide by the current COVID rules. This means that I do not have sufficient space for customers to wait inside for food.

Reviewed 9 June 2021

Me and my girlfriend had a friendly introduction, very polite. We both ordered the tagliatelle carbonara and was told about a 30 minute wait. Food came in around 30 minutes and was delicious. Will definitely consider visiting again the next time we are in Bakewell. I would recommend anyone to eat here, as long as you aren't in a rush. Customer service was friendly and easy to talk to. 5 Stars.

Date of visit: June 2021

Thank you for your review.
Steve (the current Ricci)

Reviewed 7 June 2021 via mobile

This is probably more a takeaway with small seating area to eat in rather than a restaurant. We went after an active day and were happy to sit in. The staff were lovely and we were well looked after.
My wife is a reluctant gluten free consumer. She was pleased to see that Ricci’s offered gf pizza. She was even more pleased that the pizza base was freshly made and delicious-much better than many dry and dismal gf offerings found elsewhere.
My regular pizza was excellent and the side salad was amazing and very generous.
Highly recommend this little gem!

Date of visit: May 2021
Villagecobbler, Owner at Ricci's Fine Italian Foods, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Thank you for your positive review. It was also nice to see you back the following day, with your wife increasing the size of her pizza, proof that the review is genuine rather than just words.
I look forward to welcoming you back again.
Regards,
Steve (the current Ricci)

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Took around 2 hours for the food to arrive, was to a poor standard- the hot and spicy pizza resembled the consequences of eating it that I have since left in the toilet.

But this fine establishment gets 5 stars for its character and the hell of a story that it has given the group.

If you wish to eat, take a long run up and order early

4  Thank Ab1997ab

Thank you for the 5 stars and I'm glad your experience will give you something to dine out on. I would be even happier if your review was accurate.
The group ordered their food individually, rather than as a group, one of the orders was for Gluten Free pasta, which was cooked to order, a minimum of 35 minutes.
The group each ordered as take-away, yet you chose to sit and eat them at our outside tables, we let this go rather than ask you to leave or charge extra.
The Hot and Spicy Pizza is Bolognase Ragu with the addition of chillies, if that is the effect chillies have on you then I suggest you also avoid hot curries. Incidentally, the GF pasta was served with Bolognase Ragu, no mention of tummy troubles there.
The time from the group placing their first order to receiving their last pizza was 80 minutes, not 2 hours..
There is also a sign by the ordering point that clearly states orders will be prepared in the order that they are received.. I even refunded the full cost of the last order as a gesture of goodwill.
If the group had ordered as one all items would have been delivered in the time it took to prepare the GF Pasta dish (35 mins).