“Nice restaurant!”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

The chowder is absolutely amazing! Nice and friendly staff and a cozy atmosphere.

We went there on a Sunday evening, not to crowded, just perfect!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed, the food was below average very greasy, bland and over salty!

Chowder was ok potatoes were hard, nachos are not as described but instead are some sort of greasy bread cut into triangles and inedible, steak and chicken ciabatta was bland and the steak like rubber no taste except grease, peppered chicken is cheap supermarket effort and was very salty with pepper sauce to try to hide the mulch of salty breadcrumb greasy slop I am still scraping the greasy feeling from my tongue and I only ate a piece of it, the fish dish was surprise surprise full of grease and only half eaten.

We mentioned to the waiter that the nacho starter was greasy and poor and explained that I had to give my daughter my starter as her was inedible but he came out and offered a soft drink to make up for it!! I’m guessing no one cares or wanted to know our feelings on the platefuls of uneaten food left as it may have been hassle for them we didn’t even get cutlery for our mains glad I used my napkin to clean mine as I guessed that would happen as service wasn’t great to be honest we didn’t get offered drinks regularly and when waiter took the order for the soft drink compensation for the greasy nachos he neglected to offer my hubby a drink even though his glass was empty.

We will vote with our feet I definitely wouldn’t recommend as our experience was dreadful.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

70th birthday meal and overnight stay.
on arrival found that restaurant did not open on tuesday nights during winter months. meals being served in bar.as there was football on television that evening advised to eat early to ensure table!
this was not suitable for us therefore we went to shenanigans across the road,made very welcome and had excellent meal.
will not be back.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We have visited anchor plenty of times as a party of 6, and this time was the absolute best and that is thanks to Ima. She was so welcoming, had plenty of chat and was so friendly and talkative about herself and ourselves. She took interest in us and was so approachable I felt so welcomed by her that we kept coming back. The whole night she served us, knew our drink order at the bar, knew us, and asked us how our night was going. Definitely somebody who takes her job that step further and gives attention to detail. Thank you Ima for the best night we’ve had in the best 4 years! I’ll be back! Thank you!

1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 2 March 2018

LOVED the Anchor Bar Complex. Had a lovely meal and a few drinks. Exceptional value, and had the best smoked fish risotto I've ever had!

1  Thank normaneal2016