“Poor service from a sullen waitress”

Yoko at the Jet Centre
Ranked #10 of 94 Restaurants in Coleraine
Price range: US$6 - US$45
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 September 2018

I booked a table for 9; 4 adults, 4 teenagers and a 10 year old for a special occasion. The waitress was an unsmiling, sullen girl and never really looked at us. The kids ordered goujons with sides and one adult ordered a mixed grill. A lovely waitress brought us our drinks order. Our meals came, except all the kids sides and the mixed grill and sides. We sat a while waiting for the rest and nothing came. We then asked about the rest of our food which apparently wasn't on the order. Apologies from the floor manager. So by the time the kids sides came, they had eaten their goujons already. The mixed grill came eventually. We then ordered deserts. They came except one. We waited and waited so I called Pam over and asked where the dessert was. She literally ran into the kitchen. The floor manager came to us and apologised again and said the missing dessert would be free. Pam came out and said the dessert would be free and "Do you still want it?" I went to pay the bill which was £195 and change. The girl asked was everything ok, as they do, and I replied No, the waitress was horrible, our orders did not come out properly and I wouldn't be leaving a tip.
I have been to better restaurants and if anything was amiss, they couldn't apologise enough and discounted meals etc etc. for the inconvenience. I suppose if I had pushed for it, I may have gotten more than one free dessert but to be honest the shine was taken off our celebration and we just wanted to leave. Have to say though that the food is very good. Just pray you don't get Pam as a waitress!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

have been coming to Yoko since it first opened. disappointed tonight with the standard of cleanliness of the menus. Two of the four menus that we were given were badly stained with food. one had pages stuck together. Very off putting.
food was OK.

ver

Reviewed 18 September 2018

this was my first visit since yoko moved location..........definitely a better layout and we were seated quickly...menu had plenty of choice and the food was very good.........will be back.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Just got a meal from yoko i ordered the chicken pitta pocket as i was coming to the end of my meal i cut into the chicken and noticed it was Raw.told the waitress and manager as i was unhappy after all my child had tried some of it aswell to which they replied only part of it was raw and to take it up with enviromental health and they were not prepared to deduct anything from the bill as its against there policy if part of the meal has been ate total discusted and will never be back.

1  Thank richardmclean1994
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent as usual but so wish it wasn't in the Jet Centre. Great service and wheelchair accessible tables.