“Slow and getting slower”

Arbutus At The Crannagh
Ranked #19 of 94 Restaurants in Coleraine
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Arbutus at The Crannagh is a Coffee Shop and Bistro serving the best of locally sourced produce for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. With a menu packed full of delicious freshly cooked meals its sure to have something for everyone. Available for Group bookings, Coach Parties and much much more. Featuring a newly added stunning 3 sided glass marquee - opening up the venue to wedding parties, corporate groups and those looking for something a little bit different for their group gatherings.
Reviewed 25 October 2018

Revisited on a Sunday morning at 11am shown to table fairly quickly but then we hit what now seems to be the norm. Noted that there were 8 other people all who had seemed to have ordered and waiting on their food with some showing signs of frustration. Our order was taken around 11.10am and served to us at 12md certainly not a usual period for a full breakfast and poached eggs on toast. When we got food it was fine. Whilst I would not condone the openly vocal suggestion from another table suggesting directly to the staff that they get their finger out as they were starving I totally understand his frustration so if you have to stay out of your house for two or three hours in the morning and pass time then probably down there is a suitable place to go.

BarryD1548, Owner at Arbutus At The Crannagh, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I want to take the opportunity to apologise for the wait on your meal when you visited. Rest assured this is something we are looking in to and I do hope you return so we can change your opinion and review.

Have a lovely day

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely lunch here last week, had friends join us from abroad they loved this place. Beautiful decor and great food. Service was quick and server very helpful.
Shall defenitly be back !
Fish and chips were yummy

BarryD1548, Owner at Arbutus At The Crannagh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Good morning,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to having you​ back.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

On Saturday past I attended here with my parents for a late breakfast and I was very disappointed with the slow service we recieved and the restauarant wasn't even that busy.also I ordered the crosiant which they had run out of if so I had the pancakes instead and they were horrible and even when my hot chocolate arrived if was freezing.

BarryD1548, Owner at Arbutus At The Crannagh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Good morning

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
May we firstly apologise for your experience with us and rest assured I will bring this up with the kitchen and front of house team.

I do hope that you will return in light of this so we can change your review.

We hope you have a lovely day.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Having booked for the 6 of us we were shown to the front area. There was a terrible cold air and after we asked to be moved into the main building the doors were still open and it was freezing. All other customers were making comments about how cold, the restaurant was. This however was not the only problem. The service was terrible. I t was 45 minutes before they took our order and two of us had nearly ate our steaks when the sides finally arrived. The food was nice when it finally came.
I have been there before and the service is getting worst, Last week was so awful I doubt if we will ever return.

Barry D, Owner at Arbutus At The Crannagh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Arbutus at The Crannagh a review. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I will ensure to bring this up with the front of house team.

We do hope you return again so we can change your​ review.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Called here the other day for a mid afternoon cuppa with my other half. Hadnt been in a while and its still as good as last time i was there. Service was good and atmosphere is so relaxed with stunning views. We had a cuppa and a traybake -they tasted amazing! Must call here more often

Hi there,

Thank you for your lovely review and comments for Arbutus at The Crannagh. We are glad that you loved the tray bakes. They are so delicious.

Hope to see you again soon.