“Good Irish breakfast ”

Arbutus At The Crannagh
Ranked #19 of 94 Restaurants in Coleraine
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Arbutus at The Crannagh is a Coffee Shop and Bistro serving the best of locally sourced produce for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. With a menu packed full of delicious freshly cooked meals its sure to have something for everyone. Available for Group bookings, Coach Parties and much much more. Featuring a newly added stunning 3 sided glass marquee - opening up the venue to wedding parties, corporate groups and those looking for something a little bit different for their group gatherings.
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

First time visit to the Crannagh, having driven past loads of times (a bigger sign would help lure in passing trade). We were seated quickly by Danielle and our order taken for breakfast. The menu is small but really well thought through, with something for everyone. They do cook to order so there is a slight delay, but the exceptional Lusso Coffee filled the gap. My 5 year old loved the pancake stack and both adults enjoyed their food too, and the hebredian breakfast muffin was superb. Very reasonable cost at £18 for three breakfasts. Thanks all and we will be back.

1  Thank Supersixfive
Barry D, Owner at Arbutus At The Crannagh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your kind review and we are glad you enjoyed your experience with us.

We do pride ourselves in fresh food served daily and cooked to order, however, we are sorry for your short delay.

We do hope you return again soon and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal at the Crannagh with the Family. Staff super friendly and food lovely. Called again for coffee and the caramel squares were the best we ever tasted. Keep up the good work.

Barry D, Owner at Arbutus At The Crannagh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review, We are so glad you returned again after your family meal and enjoyed everything. We too love the caramel squares! We hope to see you again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I reviewed this restaurant exactly a year ago and gave it 5 out of 5. The restaurant is in a beautiful location and I want it to thrive but it needs urgent attention if it is to continue to be successful. I arranged to meet a friend for lunch and were lead to a table in the extension which has beautiful views of the river. Immediately i noticed the general cleanliness of the place had deteriorated and we sat under speakers which were quite loud and decided to move to a quieter table.The table needed wiped and I had to ask the staff to wipe it and rather than give it a good clean they just wiped one corner. I could see that a number of people were sitting waiting to order for some time. water came to the table the tray the water was on was filthy. We both ordered the chicken caesar salad and it was ok but certainly nothing more special than i could have made at home. Once finished we must have sat for 20 mins before our plates were taken away. I went to the toilet and the bin was overflowing with tissue paper to the floor. A sign says they have high standards and want to maintain them and if anything is noticed to report it otherwise. It would be better if they employed the same system as other places where the toilets are checked every 30 mins and a sheet is signed. I just think that the staff have not been trained to take pride in their workplace and realise how important it is to keep very high standards of cleanliness. We went outside and ordered 2 coffees. We witnessed a waitress come out with food and not know which table it was for and have to take it all back in again. The coffee was served to my friend with half of it spilled into the saucer - a waitress came back to wipe it but it shouldnt have been served that way in the first place. I felt sorry for the staff I just think there has been no basic training nor any sense of the importance of working hard for all of their shift and the importance of being prompt to take orders and remove dishes and keep a restaurant spotless. I had been in before a few weeks ago and loved the menu that was given which included spring rolls which may be the early evening one though but the lunch menu also seems to have been less adventurous....I would ask the management to please address these issues . I will def come back and hopefully things will be improved as this restaurant has such potential and is a great asset to the triangle area.I did not complain at the time as there were too many issues and the food was just ok.

3  Thank pinkythecat

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Firstly, let me apologise for your experience with us at Arbutus at The Crannagh and that it was not up to our usual high standard.

Rest assured all these issues will be brought up with the entire team including out front of house team and discussed at our next meeting.

I do hope you return to dine with us so we can change your opinion and review.

Many thanks

Reviewed 25 July 2018

excellent food and service - all the food for 19 people was served hot and everyone enjoyed their meal - will definitely be back !

Barry D, Owner at Arbutus At The Crannagh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you very much for this lovely review.

We are glad you enjoyed the birthday experience with us and we do look forward to your return.

Have a lovely day

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Had a midday meal in this restaurant yesterday, ordered the choriza chicken.
When the meal arrived at our table it didnt look like much. It was so bland, bed of mashed potatoes, a plain chicken escalope and one large onion ring on top. No vegetables or garnish of any type. When paying our bill we said the food was just alright but didnt realise until we got home that there was no sight of the choriza. This might have made a difference to the meagre offering we were given. I think we should have been offered a discount, £9.95 each was way too much for what we got.

1  Thank EEW164

Good afternoon,

Thank you for leaving us a review, all feedback is greatly appreciated. We are sorry that your dining experience with us was not enjoyable. I will pass your comments on to the team and kitchen chef. I sincerely hope you do return so we can change your rating to a more positive one.

Many thanks.