“Tides Portrush”
Review of The Tides

The Tides
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tides is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 70 Restaurants in Portrush
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Varied menu, excellent service, staff helpful and friendly. Food was good, maybe slightly expensive but overall the experience was very nice
Would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Visit Tides regularly when up on north coast. Went last week when up for half term break. Although it was busy I have been here when busier. Food was usual high standard. I had chicken pakora to start followed by the lasagne both were really nice. Mum had the garlic flat bread and chicken goujons and again food was lovely. Children’s meals were good and their is a good choice for them. Only downside was service was a bit slow. We were slow on getting our drinks and I had to ask for our food order to be taken. Food was yum and can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

We booked for lunch today at 12-30 as we have 3 young children. We didn't get our order taken for 20 minutes, drinks arrived 5 mins later and our meals at 1-20! They did bring the kids meals out at the beginning as I asked but they had finished long before ours arrived. OH ordered steak well done, it was at best medium rare but ate it as we couldn't wait any longer. Dessert followed the sand patter. As the mains.... painfully slow. The food was fine (the corn in the Maryland was horrible and tasteless), but the idea of stack the people in and then try to serve them is poor. Take on more staff to eradicate the unnecessary waiting times.

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Great first impression. The restaurant is so much nicer on the inside than it looks from the outside. Good parking. The interior is really lovely and bright and there is seating at ground level and upper level. They had nice decorations for Halloween. The menu was extensive and the staff and service was good. The salt and chilli prawns are particularly nice. One issue was the service door in and out of the kitchen needs to be either oiled or made smaller. It has the most irritating scraping noise as staff go in and out. My friend had been there in August and it was the same issue so it’s something they know about and I am sure so easy to fix. Imagine nails along a blackboard. We mentioned it to a member of staff who laughed. The second issue was a waitress coming out with 3 ice cream sundaes tucked under her arm. I was glad I wasn’t eating them the way they were served. Restaurant has great potential and is good value. Lovely location.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 31 October 2018

The restaurant is in an enviable position overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. I have no doubt that during the summer months the spectacular views from the glass fronted dining room are a treat.
I must say the good things about this restaurant first. The cocktails I had were delicious, the best Tom Collins I have had in a long time, and the desserts were superb. My starter was awful, a "Chilli Chicken Wellington" sounded intriguing on the menu. In reality it was a compressed chicken spam encircled with pastry. My friend had some sort of duck starter encased in a stale tortilla, with no evidence of duck because of the quantity of hoisin sauce on the meat. My main of duck breast was adequate, the duck itself was cooked excellently, but my "creamy" mash was anything but creamy, it turned out to be stodgy and had obviously been sitting under a heat lamp for quite some time. My friend's main course "Chorizo Chicken" again was awful, the chicken turned out to be cooked beyond edibility, the chicken itself was rubber. We sent it back and ordered a fillet steak to be cooked rare. Within 3 minutes the steak appeared, and upon cutting into it, it turned out to be raw and cold in the middle.
All in all very disappointing food. The staff were very helpful and polite

Date of visit: October 2018