All reviews cellar bar open fire great wee hotel bit dated pepper sauce good size the main street cooked to perfection friendly receptionist great central location family room following morning centre of town an evening meal bed and breakfast cooked breakfast giants causeway
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed 9th and 10th of September. Nice warm (but small) bedroom really good breakfasts and selection of pub food. Competitively priced, disappointed that wi-fi is not available in the bedroom. Slightly dated property but value against other hotels in Portrush.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Called in sunday afternoon..busy but got seated quickly..i wasnt hungry so i ordered the prawn starter which was nice..partner had the pork roast dinner which he enjoyed..nice wine which wasnt too expensive..friendly staff..my only gripe is that they do an offer of 2 courses for i think it was £11.95..but they charged me separately for both meals..i thought we would have got the offer..i didnt complain as it was good enough..will call back again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Well just out of the Port Hotel and fully enjoyed home made meal. Look everyone has this idea of eating in the Harbour bar area. Well at 6.45pm this evening offered a 45 min wait at Neptune and Prawn. 60 min wait Ramore Wine Bar and fully booked Mermaid. Good luck to these places but if not fully booked we would not have enjoyed meal in the Port Hotel. Staff super friendly and food first class...No complaints.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Came here as a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 children, 11 month old & 13 year old) had to get all the bags dropped off into reception and my partner had to go find a car park while me & my son carried them up the stairs, no lift about room was okay (room 8), we had an adjoining room, room was long enough just not very wide. Was tight enough having a travel cot at the side of the bed (had to move some stuff about to get the cot there) the double bed was just actually 2 singles pushed together. The door to our room wouldn’t stay closed so each time we were in the room we had to keep the door locked to ensure it stayed closed! Shower was either freezing or would have roasted you, there was no in the middle (be careful) our first night staying over we could hear footsteps above us running back and forward across the roof (guessing these were children) this went on for hours. We could hear the music from downstairs! Breakfast was alright, just by the time you got anything brought out to you it was cold, toast was hard cause it was cold, and the tea & coffee was cold! Dinner in the restaurant is a no go!! Ordered chicken Goujons and when they came out and I cut into them they had loads of red veins up the middle of them! So couldn’t eat them! My partner got a chicken burger (breast) and it eaten up being gooey and he couldn’t eat it (who has crohns) so it being like this could cause him serious harm! The coke was flat. So after all this we decided we were going home, even though we were meant to stay another night - with an 11 month old baby and no sleep we needed back home! I came to check out and the lady at the desk (don’t know her name, it’s the evening lady) asked was everything okay, I told her about the bed being real uncomfortable and about the noise of the place, all she said was “you could have said sooner and we could have dealt with the matter” I explained i didn’t because we had an 11 month old and they could have heard her crying! While I was waiting on my partner going to get the car the lady then went into the wee back room with a guy (tall with black hair) and closed the door, obviously she was talking about me, I’d have rather her say what she needed to say infront of me! She said she would note this down but I’m not sure if she does note down negative feedback!

Just thought I’d leave my comments, as any of the reviews I read have turned out true

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lauren0range
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Four of us plus baby went for lunch. We all had the Port Special. The chips were frozen as were the onion rings. Tinned peas and boiled Mushrooms. Pepper sauce was pure water. Well done steak was more charcoal than chargrilled. Baby wouldnt eat the mash as it was full of lumps. Staff are lovely though and the place is clean. Ok for a drink but not for food.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family