“Dessert filled me more”

Ranked #23 of 70 Restaurants in Portrush
Price range: US$13 - US$47
Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our Counties Restaurant & Cafe Bar overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and is situated in the centre of Portrush on the Causeway Coastal Route. Popular with international visitors and locals. Open for Breakfast / Morning Coffee / Lunch / Afternoon Tea & Dinner. Excellent Bar.
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Was here at the weekend with my family and friends. We booked a table as we had a large group. Service is brilliant and the food was tasty but it was such a poor amount for the price! I believe I paid 9.95 for a handful of skinny fries and the smallest grilled chicken i have ever seen. The fries didnt apear until after i was handed the chicken and it just looked lost on the massive plate ... it looked more like a starter to be honest. Iv never been so disapointed in the size of food ever!! My husbands burger was massive and cost less! I was so hungry afterwards.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Returned for 1st time in several years, pleasantly surprised by quality of food. 3 different burgers at our table, all delicious! £7.95 with fries is very good value. Not sure of the black baps though, taste fine, but just leave them white please. 1 gluten free at our table was not a problem to the staff.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We have always liked the Ramada. But had a poor lunch on Sunday. You may think this is picky but there were a lot of little details they got wrong. My wife had a Steak sandwich which wasn’t great, disappointing as The Ramada of old never put out sub standard food. I had a Bangers, Mash and Summer Veg. I think this lunch needs a reasonable quality pork sausage, mash and a good gravy (preferably an onion gravy). The sausages were beef even though the menu didn’t state that, the mash was actually champ (again the menu stated Mash) and the gravy came in a very small gravy boat - far too little. I then asked for a little more gravy as I was running out and was given the same small amount again. That was fine, but when I got my bill it had an extra £1.95 for an insubstantial amount of gravy. I’m afraid the food was below par but to add churlishness to the experience I found to be very petty.
This just isn’t the same place it used to be.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Popped in here around 4ish for a bit to eat
Ordered catch of the day and it was excellent
Fish batterered and massive - the batter was lovely normally batter gets a bit sickley but this was great stuff.

Not much of an atmosphere but i'm guessing that was the time of day
Staff were very pleasant and helpful
Wouldn;t rush back but would go again, perhaps in the evening

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Had written this place off since it had changed hands. It went way downhill - the food was unappetizing and the hygiene rating declined from 5 to 2. Went back tonight and was pleasantly surprised. The menu was still small but the choices were appealing and the food we ordered (steak sandwich, cod and chips) was well cooked and tasty. A great improvement from last time! We didn't have puddings but I noticed that the puddings too, looked much improved - more like the attractive offerings in the Ramore. Coffee to finish off was piping hot and good quality. There is a new head chef and it shows! The waiting staff were friendly and helpful. That never changed but they were let down by the poor quality food they had to serve. It is so good to be able to enjoy a meal at The Counties (Portrush Atlantic Hotel) again.