“Absolutely Charming Cottage”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Swallow Cottage

Patio Area
Cosy Sitting Room
Kitchen through to Sitting room
Access to bedrooms
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

482defaul...
Vancouver, Canada
“Absolutely Charming Cottage”
Reviewed 17 April 2016 for a stay in October 2015

I had the pleasure of staying at Swallow Cottage last fall (2015) for a few days and found it to be charmingly comfortable! Sally the owner was most friendly, helpful and hospitable despite my "cooking up" of kidneys and my beloved plaice (delicious rich tasting flatfish found around the Ulster coast!) a delicacy I loved growing up in the area.......and I loved growing up in the area (when Coleraine Academical Institution was still "the Inst!").........yes,very tasty delicacies not available in beautiful Vancouver Canada, my home for 40 yrs!!...I am reminded of my wonderful experience by friends who have just returned...apologies for the very late review........and thanks again for the hospitality!!..................... (Dr) Ken Hunter

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Situation and charm.....
Liked least: nothing!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
19 Apr 2016
Thank-you so much for your kind review.I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in Swallow Cottage and visiting some old haunts in your homeland.It was a pleasure to meet you.
YuTi23
Melbourne, Australia
“Make sure you check everything”
Reviewed 22 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

From all my years of traveling the world and staying at holiday rentals with work and family.
This was the worst place that I have stay at not because of the cottege. It's a beutiful cottege and are. But the owner just ruin a stay after having a wonderful time at Christmas with a family.
The owner come at 10am to pick up keys the day that we were leaving. We gave her the keys and we made the mistake on not staying and making sure that everything was ok with her. A hour later we receive a phone call from her pretty much telling us that we had stolen 2 dinner knifes and a oven liner. And that things in the draw were not put in the right place.
Having my own rental property in Australia I don't expect the people staying there to now we're exactly everything belongs. My partner and I were happy to pay if there was any demage or things missing. But just the way she was on the phone and telling us that we had to check a bags and turn around and bring the knifes back (that we did not have) just put a horrible memory to the last Christmas that we are going to have in Northern Ireland with a family.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Liked least: The owner
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
3 Feb 2016
Thank-you for choosing to book Swallow Cottage and your review saying how lovely the cottage is and that you had a nice Christmas with your family.Your feedback is important to us.
I am sorry however that you feel that I had spoilt your experience.
You chose to bring your own cutlery with you and during my routine inspection after you left I noticed that some of the cottage cutlery set was missing along with an oven protection liner.
Rather that automatically retain some of the damage deposit I thought I would ring to to see if maybe it had been mixed up with your own by mistake as these things can easily happen and that doing this would be more favourable to you. You very kindly offered to check when you returned home and stated that if so you would post them back and if not I should take the replacement value from your damage deposit.
I had your best interests at heart when I made the decision to phone you but regret that my decision caused you upset.
cp2015201...
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Quaint cottage - charming and cosy”
Reviewed 25 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

This cottage was perfect for a quiet, peaceful weekend getaway. It was cosy, charming and had a bunch of character. The owner had turned the heating on for our arrival - including the electric blanket! The fire was also set. Very welcoming!
The cottage is the perfect combination of being homely and welcoming without feeling like you are in someone else's house. It was spotlessly clean and tidy and had everything we needed to stay in and be self-sufficient.
We would definitely choose to stay here again and would recommend to anyone looking for a peaceful, quiet break away.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The character and peaceful charm of the cottage
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Nov 2015
Thank-you so much for the lovely review.So pleased that you found the cottage homely and that you had everything you needed to make your stay comfortable.
Jennifer...
Belfast
“Lovely cottage in a beautiful area near to the Giant's Causeway”
Reviewed 14 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We love this beautiful cottage. It's layout is rather quirky as the shower room is off the kitchen and the bedrooms lead off each other but as we were travelling with our daughter we found it perfect. The cottage is fairly compact but well equipped with a lovely living room with a little table in the window overlooking the pretty garden and a wood burning stove which is lovely and cosy in the evenings. The cottage was warn and toasty when we arrived as the heating had been turned on and the owners had very thoughtfully left in washing up liquid and cloths, drying cloths, tea coffee, milk, salt, bin bags and some fuel for the fire.. Would be lovely in the summer as the outside area has benches and a picnic table. Our daughter loved the garden!
In addition, the closest town of Bushmills has a number of lovely restaurants, the French Rooms and the Bushmills Inn are our favourites. Another wonderful feature of the cottage is the area. It is close to the Giant's Causeway, Ireland's top visitor attraction and many lovely coastal towns such as Portrush which has a lovely beach and beachside walk (visit the Ramore for great food). Would definitely recommend for a really relaxing trip away in comfy and pretty surroundings.

Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
20 May 2015
Thankyou so much for the lovely review .Glad you enjoyed your stay in Swallow Cottage and all the North Antrim coast has to offer. Do hope we will see you again sometime.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing