“My new favourite in Carrickfergus ”
Review of Zuzu

Zuzu
Ranked #29 of 75 Restaurants in Carrickfergus
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Visited Zuzu today at lunch time for a takeaway family meal. On entering Zuzu, I received a friendly welcoming greeting from the lady behind the counter. I took a menu and retreated back to my car to give it a good study to see what we were going to order. On going back in again to place our order we had the same friendly welcome from the same lady behind the till. My mother being a little fussy in what she likes requested a few changes as to what was on the menu and this was absolutely no problem whatsoever, the woman understood exactly what she wanted and on arriving home the order was perfectly what we asked for. The food was plentiful, warm and delicious... The restaurant itself looks spotlessly clean and tidy, the staff seem to take great pride in themselves and their establishment. I would like to go and try their evening buffet some time as it would be a good chance to sample some of the dishes that I've never tried before. Would be great to have a lunch time buffet too. Overall a pleasure to go in to and food is very tasty, looks to be cooked pretty fresh from order too!!

1  Thank Stephanie H

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Evening buffet box fresh hot and tasty. Also had noodle dish which was full of flavour and more than enough for two

1  Thank catrinaa2013
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect as i had never tried Asian Fusion before. We were welcomed in by very friendly manager who showed us to our table. The place was spotless and the kitchen totally open so you could see what was going on. We had zuzu sharing box as a starter which was just amazing. Mains were equally delicious and came in a take away box as portions are large so you will have plenty left over.
I highly recommend zuzu and will definitely be back
Really impressed

1  Thank pompeybill
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this place. Have sat in and also ordered take away from home. Their food is amazing, fresh and very flavourful. The Saturday evening I ordered from home, the food was with me within 20 minutes. Very impressed.

1  Thank Z2578LCsarahr
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I purposely left this place for a few weeks after opening before I tried it. Nothing but good reviews came my way so I was really looking forward to it.

Honestly I’d like to give excuses for this but I can’t. Both the pad Thai and the nasi goreng were dry, not just dry as in no sauce dry, but properly dry. More importantly both lacked any real flavour to the point were I believe if the chef had actually tried this he/she wouldn’t serve it unless the pressure to do so is mounting?

I love to see new business coming into the town, but if you’re going to do it, do it right. Otherwise....it’s just a bland takeaway.

6  Thank McFoieGras