“Attentive & friendly staff”
Review of Harvester

Harvester
Ranked #90 of 142 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Harvester St Catherine's Walk. At Harvester St Catherine's Walk in Carmarthen food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurant. If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Carmarthen, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Llangunnor, Tregynwr and Newchurch, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Called in for lunch ,Was met with a friendly & smiling member of staff, led us to a table by window as requested, Offered to get us a drink while choosing a meal from the menu. Another member of staff came within a reasonable time to take our order. We asked about a couple of the dishes on offer & he explained quite fully, He was also friendly & served with a smile. Place had a nice atmosphere Tidy & clean. We enjoyed meal . Would not hesitate to visit again.

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for this great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A group of four went out for a meal for a friends birthday at Harvester. We arrived around 7.30 and were warmly greeted by the waiting staff and sat at a table. We ordered food which arrived within 20 mins and was very good for the money, particularly considering the free salad bar. Good experience was made even better by the attentive attitudes of all the staff, particularly our server whose name I think was Nikki. Will definitely be coming back!

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review, we look forward to seeing you again next time

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Bad from start to finish, well to be fair first walked in, greeted by a young girl (blond), who placed us close to the salad bar as my husbands in his late 60's and I'm disabled.
Then Nikki came along she asked if we were ready to order but it had only been 5 minutes, so we asked for a little longer to look at the menu but we did no what we wanted to drink, we asked for two lemonade's with lime the refillable ones, she said I will bring you two glasses so you can help yourselves, never used these machines before so my husband asked how to do it thinking she would go over and show him, No she said press lemonade then lime my husband did it wrong when he tried, so he called her to the table to tell her she said never seen that happen before but she wasn't amused that we needed her to bring us some fresh glasses, thinking she may help this time because we had got wrong No she didn't even offer.
We ordered starters bbq chicken wings the sharing plate we said no sour cream dip but we wanted a bbq dip instead, she brought out the wings with the sour cream dip that we didn't want she said bbq sauce is in the bottles on the table, but we didn't want the bottle sauce she wasn't bothered she walked away.
For main my husband had a ribeye 16o/z, I had the mix grill, my food was cooked and left sitting on the side for 11 minutes whilst waiting for my husbands ribeye to be cooked, eventually both meals came over mine as you can imagine was cold except for the jacket potato, I sent it back, I told my husband to eat his as I wasn't willing to wait for another meal to be cooked, I went out out to eat a meal with my husband, not to eat alone. just should have chosen a better place to eat. We usually eat at frankie and bennies with no problems, but fancied a change. (Locals who live in Carmarthen)
She seemed to dislike us from the moment we sat down, she was talking and laughing with other customers but seemed to find it difficult to have a conversation with us, not sure why, my husband does have an opinion on that but we shall not not go into that one Wright now. (Happy to talk to someone from head office about this though if you'd like to get in touch).
Visited on 21st April 2018 at approximately 18-30 and left at 20-04 table 34.

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with us. Would you be so kind to contact us on 01267 238901 so that I can apologise personally and discuss things further? Many thanks

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Visited the Harvester early evening on a weekday to take advantage of early dining offer, have visited before but was hoping for an improvement, sadly we found that the cooking had not improved, other Harvester's in the area are much better, but as we live in Carmarthen we were willing to try our luck. On entering at approx 1645 we were seated very quickly but had to wait nearly 15 minutes before someone arrived to take our order (they did say sorry for making us wait so long). We ordered 2 chicken meals one being a rotissier cooked the other a grilled with sweet potato chips. The salad bar which is included with the meal was almost empty of most articles and not as good a selection. The meal arrived quite quickly but did not look at all appealing, the rotissier Chicken skin was almost burnt, but gave it a chance, the meat was very dry and completely overcooked, as well as the corn cob, the salad leaves appeared to have just been dumped on the plate, the only thing I enjoyed was the chips. The other grilled chicken was also dry and the tenderstem broccoli was way under cooked, I realise that most vegetables are served undercooked, but I dont think these were shown the hot water or steam, the sweet potato chips were well cooked and tasty. We mentioned the meal to the waitress who was very understanding and offered to get a reduction which we declined telling her we mentioned the quality issues for their benefit.

Sorry to hear about this visit, could you please forward a copy of your receipt to stcatherinescarmarthen@harvester.co.uk so that i can investigate further. The management team should have been informed at the time so that we can apologise personally.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Visited with small group for evening meal and chatter, were seated quickly and soon had menus in hand. While deciding on food could hear some loud drilling noises coming from the back end of the kitchen area, we wondered if something was putting up a fight, or there was a new dentist in town.
Food was a bit of a wait, though they were fairly busy, and could see the chefs constantly busy, that's where the free salad buffet comes in handy, and of course the limitless refill soda glass which you won't refill more than once anyway ;)
Food was very good, and filling, when it came. Had a rather nice bean burger which is one of their vegetarian options, I'll eat anything but I like the Veg options sometimes too. Everyone in group really enjoyed their choices, and a couple desserts were ordered too.
All in all any Harvester seems to be a good "no surprises" place to go where there's usually something for everyone, and this one is no different. The staff were all lovely and friendly too. Will most likely eat here again at some point.

General Manager A, Manager at Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thanks for the review! Pleased to see you were happy with the food & service. Apologies for the noise, we had an engineer on site completing some emergency work so that it would not affect trade. We hope to see you again soon and hopefully turn your 3 stars into 5!