“Nice Lunch Spot”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to stop here and have lunch today. They had a very extensive menu of items to choose from like an all day breakfast and various other items for lunch. We decided on the Club sandwich and the Caesar salad. Both were very tasty with ample portions. This little café was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely recommend.

rebecca_bays, General Manager at Alex's Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your comments are much appreciated by all the staff here at Alex's. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We popped into Alex’s Cafe Restaurant for a late Brunch; the staff were very attentive and welcoming and offered either the Breakfast or Lunch menu.

The food and drinks came out quickly and were delicious. Highly recommend the eggs!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

dropped in for a quick brunch, lovely décor, really good food and service, highly recommend. wide choice on menu, something for everybody.

rebecca_bays, General Manager at Alex's Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Called in on Friday for some lunch, was a good choice. There was plenty of room but was still busy, that’s always a good sign.
We ordered two wraps, halloumi and the “New York”, tea and coffee. They arrived promptly and were delicious.
The menus were very extensive and there was a good choice from baked potatoes to a plated lunch.
The service was good but had to wait a while for our table to be cleared.
I would highly recommend this cafe/restaurant and look forward to trying the dinner menu some time.

rebecca_bays, General Manager at Alex's Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your comments are much appreciated by all the staff here at Alex's. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Well as some people know that I am like everyone else a regular customer to the shop and I have to say the new menus are superb. I just also want to touch on something that has not been on there before and without me requesting it is on there now.

I love my fish, but especially the King Prawns with the sauce and a side salad. A huge hit and number 1 in my book and just how I like them. Nice and crisp on the outside and the lovely richness of the inside of that beautifully hot & tasty prawn which I can just about dream of every night when I go to sleep. So I will definitely have that for a starter every week and if the menu needs changing again, please could I ask if they could be still on there as instead of a 5-star rating it would as far as I'm concerned will be a 10 star. Even if I need to take a Tuesday off which could happen near the end of April as this is because I am doing a sponsored swim and I don't want to make myself too tired as you can imagine.

Anyway please keep it up as you make me proud every week when I'm there.

I love you all

Thank you as always for writing such a nice review Matthew. We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying the new menus, especially the king prawns! We look forward to seeing you soon, and we wish you the very best for your swim tomorrow!
Kind regards,