3,810 results
All reviews the banyan tree club level residential suite burger shack honolua store sushi restaurant terrace restaurant our honeymoon kapalua area four seasons dt fleming beach coastal trail plantation house general store lobby bar beautiful property pool staff
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There are many rooms in the property, but is ok, one does really get the feeling for the size. Great location. But nothing for kids, because the beach is rather rough and dangerous, as there are big waves. Restaurant ok, but Nothing great The beach restaurant is rather very poor. No good service and black burgers…. which are a no go for kids and adults

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank martin w
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This resort was beautiful inspite of some construction going on near the pools. I was here for a conference for 1 week and stayed a couple extra days. The valet guys were great! Always welcoming you “home” by name when you returned from your daily adventures. Lots of activities within short driving distance. In house food prices are rather expensive, but there is a grocery/everything store adjacent to the hotel within walking distance that has a hot food deli with tons of choices including local selections and cold sandwiches and salads. There are also tons of souvenirs and anything else you could think of if you forgot it at home. The pools are beautiful. We did not use them but could see hem from our room and they were cleaned regularly. The beach was a little rough but beautiful. Windy days cause the sand to be stirred up, but if you go close to the rocks the water is more clear and I saw several large sea turtles and people were snorkeling there and said they saw a lot of cool things. I usually don’t stay at this brand hotel due to price, but it was nice. I don’t think there were any rooms that would have had a bad view. My husband played at the Kapalua plantation and bay courses and also went to the Kapalua golf academy and said they were all top notch. The plantation course is absolutely beautiful. Even if you don’t play golf you should consider a ride along just for the views.
This hotel is pretty far from the airport. Do not take the north road from the airport after dark. This is a one lane, winding, narrow road and you will be cliff side. It has some beautiful views if you decide to brave it during the day, but make sure you are up for it. This road is much worse than the road to Hana. Anyway, I thought this hotel was very nice. I just wish that you could stay in Hawaii or other USA states in all-inclusive places that are as nice and similar pricing as that of Costa Rica and Dominican Republic. I would stay here again, but only if I was able to get a good rate.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank A E
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The management is to be praised for the welcoming service provided by each staff member. Everyone is very friendly always greeting guests with respect. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite (thanks Marriott rewards). The grounds are immaculate and the pool is very large. It is an easy walk to the beach and Burger Shack. We had a wonderful dinner at Hook and Knife restaurant in the hotel. The whole bronzini was exceptional. We couldn't have asked for a better vacation.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rondvous78
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It’s true, this is a Ritz. It’s also true that it’s seen better days. The infrastructure is 25 years old and showing. From painted over rot on window trim to broken pool side coping, this resort needs serious attention. Elevators are quick to close their doors. Elderly and strollers are equally at risk. As with any Ritz, expect to pay top dollar for everything. Breakfast buffet is $42.00 pp, and pool side drinks $20+. Add a $30.00 per day parking fee and you are on your way to $250.00 per day expenses before lunch and dinner.
The true gem here is the staff. Everyone and I mean everyone gives 200%..

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
The Ritz Carlto... K, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha sailme88 and mahalo for taking the time to share your experience. While I was delighted that you enjoyed the world-class service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen, I was disappointed that there were other aspects of your stay with us that did not exceed your expectations. We value the feedback our guests provide and will be sure to take it into consideration as we continuously look for ways to innovate and improve our resort experience. Thank you again and if there are any other details you wish to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact me at 808-669-6200.

Warmest Aloha,
Kevin Peterson
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been here the last 4 night. I would say this is more of a marriot resort not a ritz quality. The staff is nice, the main building is nice. The rooms are ok but dated. The hallways are long and do not smell good. They smell like they have been flooded before.
The pool area needs more umbrellas and the pools need some tile work. The are nice but not luxury level.
They do have a nice children’s area if you need that. It is nice that it is connected to the coastal trail
So you can hike from the resort.
The beach area here is not good for snorkeling or paddle boarding but there is shuttle to Kapalua beach area.
There are several restaurant options on the resort but be sure to get reservations early as they tend to be booked once you arrive.
The shuttle in the area is one of the best features.
The shuffleboard is dated. There is one hammock.
It has been pretty quiet for sleeping and the beds are comfortable.

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank mktulsa

Aloha mktulsa and mahalo for choosing to stay with us. While I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed several areas of our resort including the service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen and our proximity to the beautiful Kapalua Coastal Trail, I was disappointed that there were other aspects of your stay that did not exceed your expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding these areas while you are still staying with us. At your convenience, please contact me at 808-669-6200. Thank you again and I look forward to connecting with you.

Warmest Aloha,