“LUNCH”

Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Gate Inn is situated on the A447, just south of Ibstock and only 4 miles from the historic Bosworth Battlefield. The pub is easily accessible from Leicester, Loughborough, Burton on Trent and Hinckley. Situated in a rural setting, we provide an extensive menu which boasts a range of classic dishes, complimented supported by a broad range of specials, which are changed regularly. This menu is supported by our fantastic Two for £10 offer - Monday to Friday 12pm - 5pm! Having had an extensive refurbishment in May 2011, the pub now offers more dining space and a fantastic new garden area, with a series of dining areas and a new children's area. With a great range of products available form our bar, our extensive menu we assure of a relaxing time, both inside the pub and in our fabulous garden.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Visited the gate a couple of times recently and it's been good both times, friendly helpful waitresses (Nat and Shell) good food and drink at reasonable prices, the only point I will make is they don't seem to do "lite bites", as I don't normally eat a big meal midday...other than that it's good. Don't go expecting a top class restaurant, it's a pub that serves good food, with good staff

Charlotte J, General Manager at Gate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Dave h

Thank you for your lovely comments, it made the girls smile. We do have a selection of light bite meals, these are located in the main menu. I do hope we get to see you again soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Just moved to the area - this is "a local". Very friendly welcome to a clean, pleasant lounge from Donna. Service was both prompt and efficient - but not obtrusive. The food was good (even for me as a vegan). The only downside was that I didn't win huge amounts on the fruit machine.....

Dear majorgowan

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased you have visited the gate and hopefully we will see you very soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I have joined trip adviser specifically to write a review about The Gate. We have been visiting the gate for a long time and it has got worse and worse and every time we have been we have said we will never go again but today we decided we haven’t been for a while maybe it’s improved! How wrong we were, you get a rude greeting when you walk in and the waiter is so slow like it’s hard work being polite or putting your plate down, not once were we asked how our meal was or if we had everything we needed but service aside the food is dismal. I had the buttermilk sliders and my dad the steak and ale pie, all my chicken pieces were over cooked and the chips were absolutely disgusting like they had been cooked a week ago and left to sit under a heat lamp they were solid inside and just horrible. The meat in my dads pie was fatty and riddled with gristle and over all a meal you really really didn’t not want to pay for. We then sat for 15 minutes waiting for our plates to be taken when the waiter had been passed over 5 times but still ignored the empty plates. I would really advise people to NOT go here. My grandparents also used to love to come here but refuse to go any where near the place you’ve lost a whole family who used to visit you any occasion we had.

1  Thank Rubymurry1993
Charlotte J, General Manager at Gate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you so much for your review. I am
Sorry that your visit wasn’t an enjoyable one.

If you wish to discuss your comments further please contact me 01455 290502

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Not much of a welcome when we arrived, " you ok ? " was our greeting. Sat down at our table and read the menus . Decided to order the steak and ale pies. Whilst waiting for our meals my wife noticed another menu on the next table which offered " spice night Wednesday " . I asked if we could change our order to the special curry night offer but was told it's too late now . I replied that we would have ordered the curry had we had a menu on our table but was met with a blank look and a weak "sorry" my suggestion of making sure each table should have ALL the menus was met with another "sorry " being as the drinks were included in the curry offer , I suggested that they remove our two drinks as a gesture of goodwill but was told sorry I can't do that ! Don't think we will be visiting here again !

1  Thank Pete H

Dear Pete H

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that your visit left
You disappointed. If you wish to discuss your comments further please contact a member of the management team. 01455 290502

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This pub is ideal for a relaxed evening out. The food is very good. We have been coming here for quite a while now and always enjoy our evening Alison is very attentive even when very busy like last week and she was in both sections of dining area, she still managed to order my coffee without me even asking. I dont know how she does it but her eyes are everyware. making sure no one waits to long.

Dear Sandy l

Thank you for your comments, Alison always looks forward to seeing you on a Friday when your not on your travels.

See you soon