“Great cafe for lunch!”

The Raumati Social Club
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2023 via mobile

We stopped by at lunchtime on a Sunday for a quick lunch. The cafe was very busy however the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had a delicious brunch/ lunch and were very happy with the service and the food. This is a lovely place to visit. The ambience is great too.

Date of visit: October 2023
1  Thank Debbie C

Reviewed 27 July 2023 via mobile

The old “can’t be bothered cooking” suggested we head to RSC for kai.

It was the famous steak night offerings on menu with a tasty range of starters

Right into the steak it was, arrived in a timely manor and cooked to perfection. Served on a roasted beetroot slice. Salt roasted beats, broc pure with walnuts and ju.

It was fabulous

Family had toffee Browne with toffee and I had the prawn starter for desert

Well down Pierre and the team - beautiful food

There were vegan offerings too for those people

Date of visit: July 2023
2  Thank McTravel73
Reviewed 16 June 2023

After several positive experiences eating at Raumati Social Club today was a huge disappointment. Based on this experience I am unlikely to return or recommend it to family or friends. On entry, no staff spoke to us. The woman behind the counter continued drying/polishing glasses, even though she appeared to see us come in. The service was slow and haphazard. I ordered Earl Grey Tea and the waiter said Mint Tea. No, Earl Grey Tea please. When my tea came it was Mint Tea. Bad points for not listening to me properly. After waiting for quite a long time, I asked at the counter whether we ordered our lunch meal over the counter or would someone take the order at our table. It was the latter. Again there was another wait that felt excessive until our order was taken. Our food came and while the chips were nice, the beef burger my friend had, and the fried chicken burger I were incredibly greasy, and were cooked and presented in a sub-standard manner. The fried chicken in my burger had a crusting on it that was seriously overcooked, and burnt in parts. I ate some of it and left the rest. My friend said the beef burger he had was greasy, tasteless and overcooked. Lunch cost $67 for sub-standard service and food. When I paid, the man who did the transaction talked about having had trouble in the kitchen with ovens. I understand this must have been challenging. If it was such a difficult situation, then we, the customers, should have been told before ordering and we could have decided whether to stay and take a risk on the food or leave. At no point were we asked how our meals were. This was all part of the sub-standard service experience. I would not recommend eating at Raumati Social Club after today's experience there.

Date of visit: June 2023
1  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed 21 March 2023

Visiting town briefly we stumbled across The Raumati Social Club's Tuesday pasta night special - $15 for a beautiful bowl of pasta marinara - husband had the carbonara. It was delicious, plentiful and we were very happy. Casual daytime cafe turned dining at night = we had a seat by the fire and loved it. Highly recommended. Andrew, front of house, was super friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 13 January 2023 via mobile

Welcoming environment. $10 burger night provided excellent and affordable meals for my four young friends. Good options for the one vegetarian in the group. The desserts were beautifully presented and delicious.

Date of visit: January 2023