“Disappointed ”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Having previously had a fantastic meal delivered in July 2017 we ordered from here again. The food was late although the driver was extremely apologetic. The order was incomplete without 1 Pilau Rice and onion as requested. All four curries were lacking in flavour and meat content with extremely thin sauces. Prawn puree was nothing like described in menu and was no on toast as stated. Prawns in curry were in shells. Extremely disappointing meal all round. Only redeeming feature were the naan breads.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere for eating in is not as good as it used to be since the new land lady has taken over, it is now far too noisy to enjoy a meal in the evening.

Having said that the food is excellent and is always my go to Place for an Indian takeaway. Very reasonably priced, friendly helpful service and excellent food.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 20 March 2017

Went here at 5.30 last Thursday. I was surprised to find the carpark full - well we got the last space! The restaurant is effectively a corner of the pub and my, was it noisy. To make it worse when we had sat down, two parents with two very young children arrived and sat nearby - that was fine, but it was unfortunate that they were joined by a friend who seemed to have the loudest voice possible and continued to use it for the next half hour or more. He kept saying he was going out for a cigarette and, just before we finished our meal he did! Not much that the Delhi Hut could do about that.

The food - my friend had poppadums and chutneys - I sampled the chutneys as he suggested and they were pretty poor. I had prawn puree - I could just about tell it had been near some spices and the puree was somewhat lacking in texture. I followed up with chicken tawa with mushroom rice , both of which were pretty good. My friend had chicken rezella and special rice, neither of which appealed to him. He complained that the rice was rather dry and the chicken had sots of high spice and some blandness. We shared a niramish which was the worst I have ever had.

Service was OK but obtaining and paying the bill was a prolonged affair.

All in all not a wonderful experience.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Ordered a take away thru Just Eat. It stated an hour before delivery. Food turned up half hour after order which was great as we were all starving. Food arrived piping hot and full of flavour. I will definitely be ordering from these again.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Ordered a take away.... Awful curry..... Ordered various currys from prawn to chicken to vegetable, Oil floating on top, water floating on top, poppodoms soft and inedible, , not enjoyable at all... And to add insult to injury stomach cramps all the next day by all!!! Will never use this place again

Date of visit: August 2016