All reviews the pub st austell brewery superior room beer garden premier inn good size air conditioning peas family meal booked a table car park free wifi large room busy road main road lovely hotel truro area
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Called in for lunch after an appointment at RCH Hospital. What a disappointment.
Carvery £8 for a small, Luke warm frozen vegetables, hard carrots, tasteless gravey. £3 for a pint of lemonade. Will NOT be going back.
Shame as it use to be very good.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank singingquilter
StAustellManagement, Manager at The County Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

I am really sorry that you have had such a negative experience on your recent visit, I would like to apologies on behalf of The County Arms team. We have received a lot of positive comments about the food and are sorry that it fell below your expectations on your visit. We take on board all customer feedback and will strive to improve our carvery offerings through your constructive comments. We hope that you would consider dining with us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

This review is long overdue for which I apologise. I stayed at The County Arms at a very dark time in my life. I had only recently been bereaved - only for another family member to fall desperately ill within the month. It was on the winter's night that she was admitted to the nearby hospital that I found The County Arms. From the start they couldn't have been more accommodating and sensitive to my needs. The hotel itself is skimmeringly clean and the beds some of the most comfortable ever. Food is served from breakfast right through to til late. To know that you can get a meal whatever time you land from hospital visiting is such a bonus. For the next six weeks various family and friends arrived at short notice to visit. The wonderful team did everything they could to ensure rooms at short notice. Particular thanks to Karina, who was outstanding and even made sure I had a Christmas meal put aside when I got back late on Christmas Evening - and made sure I didn't eat alone. And also Michaela on Reception who was also exceptional. And also to Sarah on Housekeepimg who made sure there was always a room sometimes at very short notice. Every other staff member was also unfailingly friendly and efficient - including the Night Porter (whose name escapes me). Thank you County Arms!

Stayed: December 2017
StAustellManagement, Manager at The County Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you for leaving us this wonderful review. We are pleased we could accommodate you through a tough time and make it a little bit better for you. We will let all the staff know that you have mentioned. We hope to see you back again soon for a holiday.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Yes very impressed, on a main drag in an old pub , walk inside and wow .

Reception , warm welcoming and met with a big smile and hello , service to my room and guidance on every aspect of my stay

Got to the room and wow again , it smelt and felt clean and fresh with a good size room and a clean and tidy on suite.

Shower good , bed a bit to soft for me but hey ho nice room

Maybe an extra towel would be good as you need one for the morning

Went into the bar area ordered a pint and went out to the terrace , blown away with

the vista , stunning views and nice seating area to enjoy he surroundings

Every single member of staff were attentive, polite and the food and service was top notch

Fantastic and now my hotel of choice when back in Cornwall on businesses..

This is a rare find a diamond in the rough

Well done to all and thank you

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank monkey170
StAustellManagement, Manager at The County Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Had a meal in the restaurant for my boyfriends 21st birthday and just wasn't great. The carvery was cold and had to ask to be microwaved. Waitress was very blunt and when we were not ready to order just stood over us and made us feel pressured into ordering. When the meal was finished we were sat around for 20 minutes until tables were cleared. We had a surprise she but instead of it being a surprise plates were brought out first ad left on the table 10 minutes before the cake was even brought out. And the table wasn't even cleared properly still had plates from the mains everywhere!! And to top it of when the cake was brought out they hadn't even lit the candle! Very poor service and very awkward atmosphere from the staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for one night whilst visiting The Hall for Cornwall. The rooms are great, shower fantastic and breakfast superb. It was easy to park and the staff courteous. All in all a great place to stay, no negatives at all

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
StAustellManagement, Manager at The County Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you Craig for leaving us this this superb review, it is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you back again very soon!