“Never looked or felt so healthy!”
Come and join us here in the beautiful Valencian mountains!
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Welcome to Yoga Sutra Shala in the beautiful Andalucian countryside
Learn yoga and meditation in the beautiful Valencian mountains
Meditate
See the world from a different perspective
Sunset at Yoga Sutra Shala
Practice yoga
Become healthy
Delicious healthy deserts with beautiful mountain views
Become strong
Relax at Yoga Sutra Shala
Learn to relax
Every cloud
Yoga blocks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 195 reviews

Reviews from our community

Mandy R
“Never looked or felt so healthy! ”
Reviewed 29 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

This 5s doesn’t seem enough to give this piece of paradise. I loved the simplicity and everyone was so humble. The staff, including the volunteers couldn’t do enough for me. I fell in love with the place, particularly the staff, Namit, Amy and Pippa. These guys were incredible. I was in awe of their humble attitudes, particularly Namit who is an amazing teacher and always available when you needed him.
The rooms were comfortable, the food delicious and you could do as much yoga and meditation as you wanted.
Nothing was ever too much trouble for anyone. I learned so much and felt so relaxed that I went for 2 weeks instead of 1. My mindfulness really improved and my physical flexibility too.
A perfect and healthy chilling out place. Thank you for having me guys. You were all beautiful souls. Namaste

30 Apr 2018
Mandy - thank you so much for these lovely words - we really appreciate it :) you became like family during your time here and we miss you a lot. You brought such amazing energy and love for life that was completely infections! We really hope you are managing to keep up some of the yoga and breathing practices. Sending big hugs from everyone. Pippa & The Yoga Sutra Family :)
Julia E
“Everything I hoped for and more!”
Reviewed 23 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

I spent a week in March at Yoga Sutra Shala and it was everywhere I hoped for and more. When I came I was quite unfocused and stressed, as many of us are, and left feeling both focused and calm. I enjoyed the different classes of yoga I had, and the meditations and breathing exercises was both eye opening! And the garden is an amazing place for peace and reflections. The food is amazing and they had no problems accommodating my food allergies. I recommend this retreat for everybody!

Date of stay: March 2018
27 Apr 2018
Hi Julia, many thanks for your lovely review :) we really appreciate it! We are very happy to hear you got everything you wanted out of the retreat and left feeling more focused and calm. We're happy that you enjoyed the yoga, breathing, food and meditation gardens. They really are the perfect place to take a little moment to reflect. Best of luck with your yoga journey and come back and visit us soon!

Namit and the Yoga Sutra family
fee1983fe...
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“The most peaceful and relaxing place on earth!”
Reviewed 12 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

I've just returned from a week at the Yoga Sutra Shala and it surpassed my expectations. You are nestled right in the middle of these mountains and the views are just breathtaking! The view from my bedroom was equally gorgeous of mountains and the small village I felt at peace and relaxed as soon as I arrived. The yoga teachers Namit and Isabel were both incredibly talented, and put you straight at ease. In the evenings the relaxation and Nidras were one of my favourite parts, I found them so relaxing before bed and they really helped me get a good nights sleep, and the yin yoga also in the evenings I just loved, I've started making sure I do some every morning and night now as it really did make me feel amazing while I was away. Cannot forget the stunning food that we were fed during the week as this had a huge impact on my well being and how I felt within myself. Every meal was packed with nutrition and colours of the rainbow I have taken lots of inspiration back with me! We went on some lovely hikes in the mountains which I enjoyed with all my heart, they were very liberating and made you feel very free! While you are there, do not hesitate to ask Namit as many questions as you can at the Q&A evening on nutrition and philosophy as he is an absolute wealth of knowledge! I learnt so so much from him. It was fascinating !! Everyone that has an input at the retreat really brings something special to the place and it really is the people overall that make it and your trip such a memorable and special time. So thank you to all of you!!! I was very emotional when I left which shows what a special place you have there!!

23 Apr 2018
Hi Fiona, thank you so much for your review :) it was really great to meet you and Pippa misses you a lot. We're very happy to hear that you got so much out of the week and are managing to keep up the yoga practice at home. So glad that you liked the variety of the food :) Don't forget to check out the blog if you want some recipes ideas - http://yogaencyclopedia.org. Big hugs from everyone.

BTW it was very emotional when you left too :) You share the same special and positive energy as your sister :)

Namit and the yoga family :)
clairemma...
“Restorative and amazing experience”
Reviewed 9 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Just got back from the most amazing week at Yoga Sutra Shala. I was an absolute beginner to Yoga and have come back converted! The quality of teaching was really good and all of the teachers take the time to correct posture and give guidance. The guided meditation sessions were also great.

The surroundings were stunning and we were taken on two guided walks whilst I was there, with the option to go off on your own on the following days or ask for more guided walks if required.

The volunteers were so friendly and really created a welcoming, non-judgmental and caring atmosphere. Namit was so knowledgeable about yoga, nutrition, philosophy and just life in general and it was nice that he would eat dinner with us and was always happy to answer any questions we had.

The food was amazing and has really changed my view on nutrition and health. The chefs are clearly very imaginative and creative with their cooking. I wish I had the benefit of them back in England!

This really was the perfect week and 5*s does not do it justice! It opened my eyes to the benefits of yoga and taking time out for some self-care and I could not recommend it highly enough.

Well done to everyone who works to make it so special.

23 Apr 2018
Hi Claire, thank you so much for your lovely words :) We absolutely loved having you here! We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed the walks, food and meditations. It's really good to know that we have helped you on the start of your yoga journey and hope you feel inspired to continue the practice :)

I really enjoyed having dinner with the group and I loved all your questions :)

We really wish you all the best with your new job and hope you come back to see us again!

Namaste

Namit and the yoga sutra family :)
TessInThe...
London
“Warm and welcoming retreat with fantastic food and great walks nearby.”
Reviewed 29 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

I'd never been on a yoga retreat before, and this worked so well for me. Two sessions per day, morning and evening, plus a wind-down session were all optional but allowed you to get deeper into your practice at your own pace. It's still a bit chilly in March winds so I didn't get to make the most of the pool or the huge garden hammocks, but hiking up the nearby hills and simply wandering from village to village through orange groves and cherry blossom was a real treat. And the wood-burning stoves were really cosy. Food wonderful - mainly vegan. I'm not even veggie usually, but I'd recommend it: I didn't miss anything. Lovely teachers and volunteers. It'd be no problem to go alone - it's easy to make friends in the group. Mattresses comfy, and rooms all very different from one another. In general, the bedrooms and in fact the whole building are better than they appear on the site. Recommended!

Date of stay: March 2018
9 Apr 2018
Hi Tessa,
Many thanks for the lovely words :) we're really pleased to hear you got so much out of the week, particularly that you felt able to deepen your yoga practice :)
The cherry blossoms are now out in abundance and it really is something special :) we'd love you to come back and see us again when it's a bit warmer! :)

Have a lovely spring and summer :)

Namaste

Namit and the Yoga Sutra family :)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.