All reviews bar downstairs is no fault of the hotel open mic night busy bar steak night half board rooms are modern ski trip top floor no lift transfer service couple of nights triple room boiled eggs course meal centre of town days skiing
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in prime location a short walk up hill from the town centre.

Upon arrival at 12pm we were welcomed into the hotel by the friendly staff however this friendly welcome turned slightly sour when we were told we couldn't check in until 4pm and we would have a €30 charge to store our bags!!

After check in we were shown to our rooms, I understand the hotel has been built within an exciting 'older building' however myself and my room mate found we could event fit into the shower as the door didn't open further than 20cm, thus denying us of our basic human rights of hygiene!

On top of this distressing situation we also found the hotel to have open drains within the bar area causing terrible smells of sewage around the building which were strongly denied by the bar staff (they must have had blocked sinuses)

I would have complained further however the friendly/understanding staff tried to support when they could.

I wouldn't recommend the hotel for the more discerning character however the more student like may find it a suitable place to stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
John S, Owner at Hotel Les Rhodos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Ian C,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on tripadvisor. Although we don’t usually respond to reviews we do find it necessary to stick up for ourselves when we feel unfairly treated. So here goes….
All clients who book hotel rooms with us are emailed our check in and check out times. These times are also made available during the booking process in order that prospective clients can decide whether we are the right choice for them. It should therefore have been of no surprise to you when you arrived at midday that you would not be able to check in. In order to store bags for guests who arrive before the hotel has been cleaned, we have at our expense taken on a property across the road from the hotel. If our guests wish to take advantage of this there is a charge to offset this expense.
Although your room is one of the smallest (and cheapest) rooms in the hotel, it has been approved by the French government as meeting the criteria for a 2 star hotel. We find your comment about not being able to get into your shower and being denied basic human rights both laughable and damaging. Once again I suggest that when booking a hotel in the future you read the open information provided by the hotel, this time about the size of the room you are booking and decide in advance whether this will be suitable for you.
Regarding the temporary bad smell we categorically deny that there ever were any open drains in the bar area, a comment that we also consider damaging in its misrepresentation. We did have a problem with a sealed drain for a short period of time that was remedied as quickly as possible. Such a problem could happen to any establishment and no doubt does.
I am happy that you found the staff supportive and friendly (and yet fibbers about the smell?) I would however have welcomed the chance to respond to any comments or complaints that you had whilst actually staying in the hotel so as not to have to resort to this futile exercise of an online response.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Booked Hotel Les Rhodos yesterday 24/2/18 and unfortunately had to cancel due to no fault of the hotel I had paid in full through booking.com and was concerned that I would have problems getting this money back which was made worse buy booking for a group, First I had a call with Abby at Les Rhodos who was very help and put me onto John at Les Rhodos top chap sorted out Full refund for me
Many thanks Steve

1  Thank Ssingleto
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Room 16 is on the top floor with a wrap around balcony and great views. Pretty tiny but we knew that when we booked and to be fair you don’t need a big room when you’re skiing as you aren’t in the room much!! Stairs were a killer but we also knew there was no lift when we booked . Beds were comfy once the crackly plastic undersheets were removed. Staff were nice and breakfast was greatly improved by requesting boiled eggs which were a couple of euros for two. Nice bar and great location as Dixie’s is next door and the ski bus stop a few steps away. Centre of town about ten mins walk and it’s a pleasant walk in the evening. Boot room is under the hotel and no boot heaters plus a bit lethal slithering down the ice to get to it. For that reason (and for the drawers containing the last guests’ stale biscuits and other items) I’ve knocked it down to 4/5. Would go back given the price and all the other good points.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Never can be sure when booking independently, but as internet link under “morzine let’s “offered airport transit, hotel,lift pass and ski equipment in one booking it made it so easy. Everything was documented clearly and efficiently and rewarded completely the faith shown. Hotel was spot on with sports bar and large screen and many other large TVs entertainment was guaranteed. A great band -the underdogs played a few times in week and were high quality and sound crystal clear and not too loud. Rooms were as described , food was amazing 3 great courses per night. Ski bus stop to Pleney lifts was 1 min walk from hotel door and the U bus serves both lifts to Pleney and later stops at the lift to Avoriaz .
Good value would definitely comeback.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2018

JUst back from a 5 night stay with my wife and 2 kids (10 & 7 years). I have to admit I was slightly nervous given some of the feedback I read but I have to say it couldn't have been further from the truth. The place exceeded all expectations and the staff I have to say were brilliant. Very friendly and attentive.

The food which was inclusive in my deal which was brilliant. Exactly what was required after a days skiing. Really flexible when it comes to the kids also which was good. Curry night, Lamb on the bone and BBQ ribs where a particular favourite. The desserts where out of this world. Well done Chef!

The bar itself was very cosy with a nice selection of beers and the live entertainment is good.

We had a family room which actually had 5 beds. Yes it was tight for space but it was modern and spotlessly clean. Very warm also.

The only minor negative was my wife is a light sleeper and on a couple of nights she struggled to get to sleep with the noise from the front of the hotel. However by 11/12pm the noise was gone and I suspect it was pubs nearby the Rhodos. My advice would be to go for a room at the back if you are a light sleeper.

Overall we had a really great trip made all the better with this little gem of a hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to come back again particularly with friend or just me and the wife as the bar, food and the attentive staff are key highlights for me.

Room Tip: Take a room at the back for light sleepers
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family