1,327 results
All reviews mash and barrel live lounge on site swimming pool holiday park great yarmouth evening entertainment papa johns fun stars zip wire next year soft play fish and chip shop indoor play area the main complex prestige caravan crazy golf
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for the May bank holiday, and had a fab weekend! It was our 3rd time at Caister. Lots to do on site. Swimming, beach, arcades, bikes, kids go karts, big slides, golf, parks, entertainment. We didn't get bored, our little boy who is 4 had a great time, he loved the kids disco and seeing the characters. The site it's self isn't too big, and although busy with bank holiday it didn't feel packed in. Find the place very clean. There is a spar on site, pizza take away, fish and chip shop, and mash and barrel pub restaurant. Also a lidl just down the road. The site is about 5 miles from Great Yarmouth. Haven have launched for 2016 apartments, we had a little nose and they are amazing. Very spacious, with lots of mod cons, en suites, would definitely look at booking these In the future.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Caister H, Guest Relations Manager at Caister-on-Sea Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Thanks EmmaRebeccaW for your amazing 4* review! I’m so pleased you had a wonderful weekend with us. I see you’ve noticed our new deckhouses for this year? I do hope you return for a 4th time and maybe try one out? We’ve had some lovely feedback on them, ideal if you prefer a little more space with that homely yet modern feel. They also have their own play area too as well as the other 5 on park. I’m so glad your little boy enjoyed the party dances, I’m sure Rory and Bradley would love him to come back and join in again soon. I’ll let them know how much he loved it.
Thank you again for the fantastic feedback. Rory & the gang and the team at Caister look forward to seeing you all soon.
Keeley Waller Guest Relations

Reviewed 30 May 2016

We have just returned from staying on this park and it was a lovely weekend away. We rented a friend's caravan which was sited very well and a lovely caravan. The park has lots to do for younger children but if you have teenagers there is not a lot. We had papa johns one night which was lovely and fish and chips from the onsite chippy which was lovely. We were able to walk onto the beach from the site and had a nice walk along it. It is a mixture of sand and pebbles.
We went to the local Lidl's, Tescos and Asda which were very equipped. We drove to Great Yarmouth seafront and walked along the front. Considering it was a bank holiday there was a lot of shops that were not open. If you have younger children then there is a lot to do on the seafront. Once you have been on the seafront there isn't much else to do down there.
Yesterday we visited Thilbery Wildlife which was very interesting. There were lots of animals to see.
Overall the weekend was a nice break but we wouldn't return as once you have been there, there isn't much else to see.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Hi alwaysawayEnglad. Thank you for a great 4* review, what wonderful feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday with us as well as the new Cooks chip shop. I see you had lots of fun while you were here and spent plenty of time at the beach.
We are always making improvements and changes to the park and the entertainment so I do hope you will consider returning to Caister again soon.
Thank you again for the lovely feedback. Kind regards, Keeley Waller Guest Relations.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Been here a few times before, so we knew what to expect from the park prior to arrival, but it does seem that quite a bit of work has been done recently in regards to cleanliness and updating venue's etc.

We stayed in a Prestige caravan and were a little sceptical as Haven have amended their grading systems since we last holiday'd with them, so we wasn't really sure what we were going to get in terms of quality of the 'van, but we needn't have worried.

Our 'van was immaculate. Very clean and tidy upon arrival and had everything we needed for the week.
One major improvement was the fridge/freezer. Usually these are under-counter fridges with a very, very small freezer compartment - big enough for one ice lolly and a few ice cubes - but they have now upgraded these to a tall, stand alone fridge freezer. The freezer now consisting of 3 drawers. This now means that if plan on cooking during the length of your stay and not eating at the venue's on site, you can now do a reasonable size shop and actually buy a decent amount of frozen food as there is now a place to store these.

They have also got rid of the old, un-hygienic carpets that graced these caravans and have replaced them with Laminate style Lino.

Apart from the usual Swimming Pool (which included a large water slide and toddler area), and outdoor activities (bike hire, crazy golf etc), the main hub of entertainment takes place in the Live Lounge clubhouse. It's bright, clean and reasonably large with a large bar dominating the right hand side of the room.
Carling and Stella were the two main lagers on offer, which, to be honest, were of very poor quality and did not taste anything like you would expect.
(up to) Four security staff guard the door and require vision of your passes before admittance is allowed. All of the security that we encountered during our stay were very polite, friendly and approachable as were all of the park's staff that we engaged with.

The funstars are the main entertainers and all were excellent bar one. Not going to name names nor even gender, as I don't wish to embarrass, but one funstar clearly could not be bothered through out the whole week. Dance routines were executed poorly with no effort or passion and moves clearly forgotten or not learned. It reminded me of an employee who has just handed on their written notice and could not wait to leave. This person may well be a very nice person to engage with, but when it comes to entertaining, oh dear! They really did stick out like a sore thumb.
Yes ok. It's not the Royal Variety Performance nor is it BGT, but put some effort in and look half interested please!

Up until 8.30 it's specifically geared around the kids, as you would expect, and too be fair the funstars did a good job in entertaining them - even though two very small children decided to entertain themselves by having a full blown fist fight on the dancefloor one night!

No real A list headline acts here, but we did have a magician on the Thursday night who was decent.

In regards to entertainment bear in mind that we did go out of season so the entertainment / acts may become better in Peak times.

Mash & Barrel serves food all day as is also the venue for the Character breakfasts. Decent quality of food and reasonably priced too for a holiday park. Chip shop on site is excellent. Used it a couple of times. Quality of food is superb as well was the level of service and waiting time offered! Papa John's Pizza was reasonable. Decent wait times and food quality was good even if the price structure and size of pizza offered cannot match Big John's (Brummies and Yam Yam's will understand this)!

Off site are a lot of takeaway shops - fish and chips, kebabs, Chinese etc. Most if not all will deliver to your Caravan. We used a Kebab shop and Chinese (Photo's of menu included) and was of decent quality.

Overall, the park was clean and friendly. Van's are certainly of better quality than previous visits, and yes, we will return again at some point.

5  Thank Jason M

Hi Jason M! Thank you so much for your fantastic 4*review. It’s great to have real detailed feedback from our guests so we know what we are doing right and wrong. I’m so glad you were happy with all the improvements made on park and you found your accommodation to a high standard. We have a few different makes and models of caravans across the park so they can vary even at the same grade, but it sounds like you had a beautiful caravan. Our housekeeping team work very hard to make sure they are cleaned to a high standard ready for your arrival. The fact you found it to be ‘immaculate’ is great. The team will be pleased to hear.
If you like the slightly more spacious and modern accommodation I’d recommend one of our new deckhouses. If you do decide to return for another holiday with us at Caister I’m sure on of our reception team will be happy to give you a VIP tour of them.
It’s wonderful that our facilities have met all your needs and you were happy with our venues. I will pass on your comments regarding the entertainment and the individual team member. Our Fun Stars normally receive amazing feedback so it is really disappointing to hear that they have left a negative impression with you. I do hope you will return to Caister again so we can change that.
Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and we hope to see you and your family at Caister again soon.
Regards Keeley Waller Guest Relations

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Stayed here as 3 adults and 1dog, caravan was on the other side of the camp away from the main complex but was clean, well equipped and near to the beach, which is dog friendly all year round. Had several meals and breakfast in the Mash and Barrel and found the prices to be reasonable and the service good, staff were friendly and helpfull.
There is a Papa Johns Pizza on the site and if you phone your order they will deliver to your caravan if your too far from the shop. There is also a fish and chip shop which we didn't try. As we had our dog with us we didn't visit the Live Lounge in the evenings but there seemed to be a full programme of entertainment with activities for kids taking place during the day. There is another bar " the Seagull " on the other side of the site with entertainment some nights. If you want a holiday where the kids can be entertained this seems a good site.
Whilst staying here we visited Southwold, Dunwich, Covehythe, Great Yarmouth, Happisburgh and Winterton on Sea

2  Thank gottobethere

Thank you gottobethere for your 4*review! It’s lovely to see you had a great stay with us; I see you’ve done lots of exploring and had a fun packed holiday.
I’m glad you have enjoyed our facilities and food on site. As a family park we aim to make sure everyone has something to do. I do hope you come back to visit us again and maybe check out our Live Lounge venue which offers some brilliant evening entertainment for all ages. You could even treat yourself to some yummy fish and chips from our new Cooks chip shop.
Thanks again for the lovely feedback. We hope to see you again soon! Keeley Waller Guest Relations

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

We booked to stay on a sun holiday break Mon-fri in a basic caravan. It was our first time on a haven site (have used park resorts previously) and first time staying in the area. Our caravan was in the fanfare section of the park and although far away from the entertainment complex it was quiet, close to the beach and had a small park close-by so ideal for us with our toddler. The caravan was small but modern and well equipped and with multi room heating I was very impressed if this is a basic model. The beach is huge and unspoilt although I did notice a small amount of dog poo around which is a shame when it's a dog friendly beach to let it become spoilt. The on site swimming pool was great really clean and large. The on site entertainment was the best thing for me there was always something going on day and night, we didn't have the best weather but were never short of something to do. Our son enjoyed the baby sensory, music session and character breakfast aswell as the evening seaside squad shows/party dances. The food in the mash and barrel was nice we ate in there twice. The entire site was clean and well maintained and had lots of facilities ie arcade, soft play, shop etc. I dont think anything was too badly priced it was around what I was expecting for drinks, toys etc. The staff we came across were all friendly. The only downsides I can think of are the park isn't as picturesque and pretty as others I have stayed on ie lack of flower beds/open spaces, the seagulls entertainment area isn't open during the week and was closer for us than walking to the main complex, the grass was cut on a wet day causing our caravan and our car to become full of wet grass cuttings, there wasn't a concrete car port by our caravan so we has to drive over grass to park by it. Not a complaint just a little tip the seagulls (which can't be avoided I know) will tear open any rubbish bags you leave by the door ready for the bin. We used the near by lotus house Chinese takeaway which I would recommend was delicious. We went into great Yarmouth and were really impressed by it enormous sea front and the fish and grill restaurant where we had a lovely lunch. Overall a great break (at a bargain price with the sun holiday offer) and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Hi diamondgirl52! What a wonderful 4*review of Caister.
I’m so happy you and your family had a lovely stay with us. I see you got to use all our facilities and you were very happy with them. I really hope you will take Haven & Caister into consideration for your next family holiday. We would love to welcome you back and if you’d prefer something a little closer to our main complex you can request on booking.
Unfortunately we did have some bad weather around this time, but despite the weather our grounds team will do their best to keep the park looking as neat and tidy as possible. I do apologise about the wet grass though. Now the weather is better we have added lots more beautiful flowers around the site. We would love it if you came back to see the park in full bloom and looking very colourful. I will also apologise in regards to the seagulls, they can be really crafty.
Thank you again for your amazing feedback and I really hope you enjoyed your experience at Caister.
Kind regards, Keeley Waller Guest Relations