Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews catfish cod stayed nights pitt island beach house extra days meal times great hospitality top class sky tv toni group fishing trips guide mainland crew
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2021

Rung up to find out availabilty of four different options of properties that Hotel Chathams have that suited me (they have basically 80% of the market over there sown up) that I researched for accommodation and the owner didn't give me the chance to ask or chose which I would prefer, she just said you're staying in this one. I said that doesn't suit me (I said didn't want shared facilities) she said too bad this is what I'm booking for you. I replied that I don't like to be told where I HAVE to stay and she bluntly said "well go somewhere else then!"
The only other real options on the Chathams are a upmarket lodge or B&B which is really aren't my style - prefer the classic motel type place with kitchenette and self contained facilities.
Real shame because I've cancelled my trip there now and the locals and tour operaters will miss out on $3000+ tourist spend because of the attitude of the owner of this place.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 26 May 2021

we stayed in adjacent accommodation owned by the hotel, just a five minute walk to a wonderful atmosphere, great food and the best hostess. All your tourist requirements are met by the team here. they organise the vehicles 4x4 or bus, access to private property and meals

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 20 May 2021

We stayed at the Beach House (4 of us). Basic but adequate. We had intended to self cater but the supply ship was late so ended up having our meals in the Bar at the Hotel.
Good pub food with enough variety to avoid boredom. (Hot Tip: Get to the Bar by 6pm so you can order the night's "special" to enjoy after a few drinks. If you are late you may miss out!) Given their logistical issues their prices were very reasonable. We enjoyed our time but if you have high expectations, expect silver service and everything to happen on time you will be disappointed!!

Room tip: The walk along the beach to the Beach House is a joy.
Reviewed 23 April 2021

We stayed 2 nights in the Beach House, part of the Hotel Chathams range of accommodation. The cottage was one unit of a duplex, out of town about 1km to the east of town. It is a beautiful 15min walk down the beach to the main hotel. The unit is basic but functional, with a small kitchenette. The Sky TV worked well, as did the free Wifi internet, albeit a little slow (normal for the Chathams). Overall we had a great stay and would definitely recommend it to other travelers, definitely better than staying at the main hotel.

1  Thank DanO68
Reviewed 11 April 2021

An amazing week on the Chathams staying at Hotel Chathams. Toni greeted us at the airport and drove back to the hotel with her dog Pipi at her side. That night we dined on crayfish. Fir a week we were spoilt with kaimoana daily, the meals superb. I was travelling as part of an organized tour and luckily got on as a latecomer. There was only a dingle room left, all other rooms booked. The hotel was wonderful, staff friendly and supportive and food to die for. Our daily excursions from the hotel amazing. If I returned I would spend the extra and get a double room facing the sea. The sunrises were incredible into the hotel at breakfast. My room faced the kitchen freezer. It was noisy and of course no view. But I so appreciated just being able to get onto this tour. The weather was superb daily. Next time I will book early and get an north east facing room tho.

Trip type: Travelled solo