Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews seafood fishing trip new zealand blue cod spent days upstairs room first class pitt island comfortable bed loved our stay big thanks feel welcome self cater toni nz chatham locals
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had a wonderful time in the Chathams, the weather was amazing fantastic seafood meals, hotel looked after us so well showing us the Island. Val and Eric made our touring such fun. Fishing wonderful organised by the Hotel. Would recommend anyone who wants a different holiday to go to the Chathams and stay at the Hotel.
Pauline

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I visited this hotel in May 2013, was a place I always wanted to go, The island itself is desolate, unpopulated and untouched, it really felt like a step back in time. It felt like I was in another country.Totally relaxing as there are only apparently 600 residents there. In May tourism is low and often I was the only guest. The staff were great, Val the owner of the hotel met with me to show me ther points of interest on the Island so I could make the most of my 6 days, I was promptly picked up and dropped to the airport by Natasha and Porsha handled the bookings and flights for me so I really didn't have to organise too much. Karen made sure I didn't miss out on meals if I hadn't shown up, and the friendly locals are well worth meeting and having an ale with. Its actually a huge place, you can drive for miles and the roads although unsealed are not that bad. Everything is expensive but you have to expect that, as the islands rely so much on supplies being freighted in. Don't expect entertainment and night life there is only one bar and I was a bit unfortunate to have bad weather for much of my stay, but the scenery is amazing and there are many things to do beside relaxing.

Room tip: The rooms are quite small but many face the ocean with bay views and they are warm and well equipped
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank OutdoorAdventures_70
Reviewed 9 May 2013

A very well run hotel, friendly and well planned trips around the island to places of interest . We have to mention the tour guide whose knowledge of the islands history, fauna and flora made each outing fascinating. One of the more interesting corners of NZ.
Fishing trip is a must, never knew fishing could be so easy!
The meals excellent; fresh fish as it should be.
We definitely reccomend the hotel and associated trips arranged by the hotel.
Thank you Val, family, and staff.
Bob & Barbara W.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank bob W
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Our holiday was made even better by being well fed and our room was kept clean and comfortable. Loved being able to sit on the deck and look across the bay and watch the coming and goings of boats. The Chef needs a mention - he prepares everything beautifully and as a non fish eater I appreciated the alternatives. Oh, check his venison out - yum! Our packed lunches were ample and delicious.The fishing day was great, despite my seasickness and the family are enjoying the catch we brought home. Being able to access crayfish was a treat for my husband. If you get the oportunity take a tour and stay here, you won't regret it. Big thanks guys, you made our week memorable - especially with the fine weather! Rachael and Kevin

Room tip: Downs stairs with the deck
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rachael H
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Thanks to everyone at the hotel who made our holiday such a great one - the staff were all fantastic and really made us welcome. We had a downstairs room, with a great view and could sit outside on the deck and watch the fishing boats coming and going. Room was kept spotlessly clean and bed was really comfortable. Meals fantastic - especially the fish and chips for lunch after our mornings fishing trip. Everyone we met was just so friendly and helpful and every day was full with interesting excursions. Would definitely stay at Hotel Chathams again.

Date of stay: January 2013