Beresford B&B
US$137
US$127
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Esplanade Hotel(Devonport)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$143
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Spencer on Byron Hotel(Takapuna)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$120
Official Hotel
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$252
US$214
Hilton
US$108
Anzac Court Motel(Takapuna)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$130
Hotels.com
US$108
  • Pool
M Social Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$165
Official Site
Devonport Motel(Devonport)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were so happy to find this wonderful B & B, and at such a reasonable price. I had a meeting in Auckland, took the Bayswater ferry over, and enjoyed a short 15 minute walk to get to Beresford B & B. The hosts were lovely, and the B & B had absolutely everything you would need. Each room had a TV, and there was even a sitting room with a large TV and tea and coffee making facilities, along with a mini fridge and maps & brochures of the area. The bedrooms were warm and comfortable and the bathroom was very modern with a tub and a shower. The breakfast was great, fresh fruit and toast, croissants, yoghurts, and muesli and cereals, along with Juice and Coffee. We will definitely stay here again the next time we need to go to Auckland! Thanks again :)

Room Tip: One room has two twin beds, and the other room has a queen bed, both are equally nice!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Lesley B, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted that you were so happy with your stay. It's wonderful to know that you felt our location, hospitality and facilities are all worth writing about and recommending! We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Lesley & Gordon were excellent hosts and I cannot add any thing further that would have made my stay any better than what was provided. My needs were catered for above and beyond; the bed was cosy and warm; the amenities and hospitality warmer still which was much appreciated after a long journey. Thank you both

Room Tip: Nothing to add - perfect in my book
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Lesley B, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're very pleased to have had the opportunity to make you welcome here. Hope to see you again when you're in Auckland.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Lesley and Gordon were lovely hosts and for a solo traveler made me feel welcome in their home while still providing ample privacy. The house is clean, modern and nicely decorated and between the bedroom, bathroom and lounge there were a lot of spaces available for guest’s private use. The fresh warm pastries in the morning were delicious and flowers picked from the garden added a nice touch to breakfast.

The location is close to the ferry terminal and the very pleasant Devonport. Unfortunately there isn’t a bus into Devonport from Bayswater but Lesley was very accommodating picking up or dropping off at any of the local spots.

I can happily recommend the Beresford B&B!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Lesley B, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to recommend us to others and writing this review. Having travelled on my own, I know that it can be difficult to find good yet affordable accommodation for a single person so one of our aims is to provide just this - pleased to know that we are succeeding! Very best wishes, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough as a single female travelling alone, i was made to feel so welcome and a part of the family by Lesley and Gordon who gave me superb advice on everything kiwi to help my transition into kiwi life.
The Beresford really is a slice of heaven, so peaceful and tranquil. Lesley really has decorated the whole house with such love and care, everything is finished beautifully to a very high standard and every need is thought of and catered for....i did not have to ask for anything during my stay :)
I loved the location of the Beresford as the ferry terminal is literally at the bottom of Beresford Street, so a short (beautiful) walk and you are on the ferry straight into the city, perfect for days or nights out in Auckland without the stress of parking and driving inner city!

I truly feel as though i have made 2 lovely friends in Gordon and Lesley, and i thank you both very much for making my stay so warm and welcoming.

Room Tip: Tip for everyone is STAY HERE :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
LesleyB_NZ, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you so much for writing this review and for staying here. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help make the start of your stay in NZ a very positive experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Welcome to NZ!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed for two nights in January and one night in March. The hosts Lesley and Gordon are very hospitable and helpful. The accommodation was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was delicious and prepared wheat free at my request. The B&B is situated in a convenient location for buses and a ferry that runs to Auckland City.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
LesleyB_NZ, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. We're so glad you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us. We're always happy to cater for special dietary requirements so thank you for letting us know about that so that we had the opportunity to do so. Thank you for staying with us on both occasions.