Beresford B&B
US$118
US$109
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Esplanade Hotel(Devonport)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$140
Agoda.com
Devonport Motel(Devonport)(Great Value!)
US$129
The Spencer on Byron Hotel(Takapuna)(Great Value!)
US$318
US$265
Official Hotel
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$274
US$250
Hilton
US$107
Anzac Court Motel(Takapuna)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$128
US$125
  • Pool
M Social Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$185
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Lesley & Gordon were excellent hosts and I cannot add any thing further that would have made my stay any better than what was provided. My needs were catered for above and beyond; the bed was cosy and warm; the amenities and hospitality warmer still which was much appreciated after a long journey. Thank you both

Room Tip: Nothing to add - perfect in my book
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Lesley B, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're very pleased to have had the opportunity to make you welcome here. Hope to see you again when you're in Auckland.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Lesley and Gordon were lovely hosts and for a solo traveler made me feel welcome in their home while still providing ample privacy. The house is clean, modern and nicely decorated and between the bedroom, bathroom and lounge there were a lot of spaces available for guest’s private use. The fresh warm pastries in the morning were delicious and flowers picked from the garden added a nice touch to breakfast.

The location is close to the ferry terminal and the very pleasant Devonport. Unfortunately there isn’t a bus into Devonport from Bayswater but Lesley was very accommodating picking up or dropping off at any of the local spots.

I can happily recommend the Beresford B&B!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Lesley B, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to recommend us to others and writing this review. Having travelled on my own, I know that it can be difficult to find good yet affordable accommodation for a single person so one of our aims is to provide just this - pleased to know that we are succeeding! Very best wishes, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough as a single female travelling alone, i was made to feel so welcome and a part of the family by Lesley and Gordon who gave me superb advice on everything kiwi to help my transition into kiwi life.
The Beresford really is a slice of heaven, so peaceful and tranquil. Lesley really has decorated the whole house with such love and care, everything is finished beautifully to a very high standard and every need is thought of and catered for....i did not have to ask for anything during my stay :)
I loved the location of the Beresford as the ferry terminal is literally at the bottom of Beresford Street, so a short (beautiful) walk and you are on the ferry straight into the city, perfect for days or nights out in Auckland without the stress of parking and driving inner city!

I truly feel as though i have made 2 lovely friends in Gordon and Lesley, and i thank you both very much for making my stay so warm and welcoming.

Room Tip: Tip for everyone is STAY HERE :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
LesleyB_NZ, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you so much for writing this review and for staying here. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help make the start of your stay in NZ a very positive experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Welcome to NZ!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed for two nights in January and one night in March. The hosts Lesley and Gordon are very hospitable and helpful. The accommodation was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was delicious and prepared wheat free at my request. The B&B is situated in a convenient location for buses and a ferry that runs to Auckland City.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
LesleyB_NZ, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. We're so glad you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us. We're always happy to cater for special dietary requirements so thank you for letting us know about that so that we had the opportunity to do so. Thank you for staying with us on both occasions.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Just like being at home in this very comfortable B & B. Everything clean and crisp with an excellent hot or cold breakfast in the morning. The warm welcome from Lesley - she is the one who bakes the yummy tea cake for you to eat and Gordon who makes sure your WiFi is working are the extra special touches that make for a lasting impression. Handy to interesting spots on the northside of Auckland but also an easy ferry ride to downtown Auckland. Thanks for your hospitality!

Room Tip: Perfect place for 2 couples.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. We're pleased to hear that you found our place welcoming and the location convenient. Apart from all the things that a good B&B should provide, we believe the extra touches are very important so it is very good to hear that they are appreciated. Thank you! Hope to see you again when you're in Auckland.