Beresford B&B
Good 3.5/5
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
M Social Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough as a single female travelling alone, i was made to feel so welcome and a part of the family by Lesley and Gordon who gave me superb advice on everything kiwi to help my transition into kiwi life.
The Beresford really is a slice of heaven, so peaceful and tranquil. Lesley really has decorated the whole house with such love and care, everything is finished beautifully to a very high standard and every need is thought of and catered for....i did not have to ask for anything during my stay :)
I loved the location of the Beresford as the ferry terminal is literally at the bottom of Beresford Street, so a short (beautiful) walk and you are on the ferry straight into the city, perfect for days or nights out in Auckland without the stress of parking and driving inner city!

I truly feel as though i have made 2 lovely friends in Gordon and Lesley, and i thank you both very much for making my stay so warm and welcoming.

Room Tip: Tip for everyone is STAY HERE :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
LesleyB_NZ, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you so much for writing this review and for staying here. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to help make the start of your stay in NZ a very positive experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Welcome to NZ!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed for two nights in January and one night in March. The hosts Lesley and Gordon are very hospitable and helpful. The accommodation was comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was delicious and prepared wheat free at my request. The B&B is situated in a convenient location for buses and a ferry that runs to Auckland City.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
LesleyB_NZ, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. We're so glad you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us. We're always happy to cater for special dietary requirements so thank you for letting us know about that so that we had the opportunity to do so. Thank you for staying with us on both occasions.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Just like being at home in this very comfortable B & B. Everything clean and crisp with an excellent hot or cold breakfast in the morning. The warm welcome from Lesley - she is the one who bakes the yummy tea cake for you to eat and Gordon who makes sure your WiFi is working are the extra special touches that make for a lasting impression. Handy to interesting spots on the northside of Auckland but also an easy ferry ride to downtown Auckland. Thanks for your hospitality!

Room Tip: Perfect place for 2 couples.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. We're pleased to hear that you found our place welcoming and the location convenient. Apart from all the things that a good B&B should provide, we believe the extra touches are very important so it is very good to hear that they are appreciated. Thank you! Hope to see you again when you're in Auckland.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Wonderful stay, just what I was looking for. Nice quiet place, lovely People, Nice clean rooms, beautiful breakfast........could not ask for more. I needed a break from hotels in Auckland, only 10 minutes with the ferry and I was picked up by Lesley; my first impression was Right, a lovely person as her husbond Gordon. I had this Nice feeling during the 4 days, I stayed here. It was so good that I decided to Cancel my hotel in Auckland. I Will be back:-) Best wishes from the Danish tourguide Lone Jakobsen

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
LesleyB_NZ, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Hello Lone! Thank you! We're very happy that we were able to provide you with the quiet respite you needed in Auckland. A pleasure to meet you and have you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Auckland.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Beresford was perfect for our needs:
- quiet location;
- very kind hosts who received us even in the middle of the night and had a open ear for all our questions;
- not to near, not to far from the city;
- a gourmet-breakfast;
- all in all a perfect start to be on holidasy in New Zealand

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
LesleyB_NZ, Owner at Beresford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2013

So glad we were able to contribute to making your first days in NZ a welcoming experience and your stay in Auckland enjoyable. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review here.