All reviewsswan riveran easy drivebottle shop next doorprovided excellent servicewell equipped gymgreat hotelsmall kitchenettefremantle harbourrooms are greatstayed here for two nightshotel is situatedrooms are largeloved our staylight sleepermini barfish and chipsside street
Reviewed 11 December 2017

The hotel location is great, right along Swan River and is conveniently located next to the Freeway. Good for travellers like us who are making day trips out of Fremantle. Hotel has 2 levels of ample free parking. We had an apartment with a king bed and 2 single beds, in separate rooms. There is only one toilet, which encompass both shower and WC so only one person can use it at any one time. Kitchen is well-equipped with dishwasher, microwave, kettle, etc. Entire apartment is clean and spacious.

What could be improved is that they could have a shower head instead of a rain shower (or at least provide enough shower caps for all occupants so that we do not have to shower our heads each time we want to wash up - there is only 1 shower cap provided). We did not know if the tea or coffee provided is complimentary since the receptionist only mentioned the 2 bottles of mineral water is free at check-in (not replenished even though we stayed 3 nights) and we brought our own instant coffee sachets. This brings to the suspicious point - this is our first hotel stay and we just opened our bags of instant coffee here. Each bag had around 22 sachets, we only used around 3 sachets per bag but at the point of checkout, each bag had only around 10 sachets left. We did not question the hotel since its only coffee, but if you have put valuables here?

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Stephen W, General Manager at Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Ian, thank you for the feedback. I am sorry we did not explain at check in the coffee and tea is complimentary. I will let housekeeping know about the restocking of the complimentary water. It should be done daily. Sorry about the coffee sachets. Not sure what happened here. I will mention to the housekeeping team. They have access to our T2 tea and coffee so not sure why they would remove yours. When next you wish to stay please email me directly and I will personally manage your reservation to ensure you know everything you need to know. Regards Stephen (GM)

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Wow, definitely impressed with this place!! Stayed here on Friday night and absolutely loved it!
We booked the Fremantle suite, which is a fantastic room, which even came with a bar cart including whiskey (free) and fresh herbs to make ourselves a drink!!! Loved it
The rooms are great, nice decor, spacious and most importantly clean.
The staff that we came across were all incredibly friendly, which to me is the most important aspect in hospitality! Especially the ladies down at the breakfast lounge
In all we really couldn’t fault it, great value for money and would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Stephen W, General Manager at Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Sarah K, thanks for the great feedback. Please email me when next you wish to return and I will personally look after your booking. Regards Stephen (GM)

Reviewed 9 December 2017

My partner and I took our 4 month old son to the Tradewinds on Friday for lunch. It was a great experience. The staff found us a table inside and even moved us to a cooler location as it was a really warm afternoon. The General Manager came out and spoke to us on a few occasions and offered his air conditioned office to put our son in if he wanted to sleep.
He showed us the new rooms, which looked amazing too.
I thoroughly recommend the Tradewinds for a lunch with a view.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Lauren, thank you for the feedback. Look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please let me know if you are going to visit so I can pop out again to say hi. Regards Stephen

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I had my Xmas party with my staff Friday 8 dec2017 I ordered the fried chicken burger, disgusting, tasteless $21 waste of money, tiny piece of chicken . Burger at a fast food place was better. Never again over priced and poor quality and quantity.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenn919

Dear Jenn919, I am so sorry you did not enjoy your meal please accept my apologies. I will pass onto the Executive Chef your feedback. Please email me directly gm@tradewindshotel.com.au so I may discuss how we can make this up to you and if you have any other feedback we can learn from. Regards Stephen (GM)

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely worst restaurant ever.. 5 staff for 3 tables and none could either ask us to order nor get the order right.. waited 20 mins for one round of drinks then only 2 main meals arrive?? There is 3 of us??
My beetroot salad had 6 tiny pieces of beetroot and where was the wild rice?? When I asked no one knew. No one offered me another meal nor took it away to show the chef, however the waiter (if that's what he thinks he is) kept trying to take away the only meal we had to eat between 3 of us!
For god's sake train your staff in basic skills-a meal and beverage.. not a high expectation in a restaurant that rates itself?
We ordered a second couple of glasses of wine-but only 1 arrived, when asked where the other was, no one knew.. mum went up to collect my wine and the manager Amy just mumbled that there is no staff in the bar? It's a hotel for god's sake..
it's coming up to Christmas so this place needs to sort itself out-absolutely appalling.. considering it was meant to be a special lunch for my mum sister and I.. the Tradewinds hotel managed to make it very 'unspecial'..

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Stephen W, General Manager at Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Elouise, I am very sorry your lunch did not go well. Unfortunately about 10 minutes before you arrived we had a call from a staff members mum that her son had been killed on his motor bike the night before. The staff on duty both on the floor and in the kitchen had to deal with the loss of one of our most popular team members. Management were comforting those that could not go onto the floor. Obviously we did not get things right and for this I am sorry. It was one of the worst days I have had to manage in my 30 years of working in the industry. If you elect to return please email me directly gm@tradewindshotel.com.au and I will personally look after your reservation. I am sure we can do a better job. Regards Stephen