“Lovely meal”

Mogul Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 58 Restaurants in Whitefield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A high quality Indian restaurant using only the finest of ingredients and freshest produce to give its customers a taste of authentic Mogul cuisine. Set within a converted church, the venue is contemporary whilst still retaining the character of the original high ceiling. With modern mood lighting and a mixture of crushed velvet and wood, we have created a relaxing atmosphere coupled with great food and high standards of service. With a 5 star hygiene rating by Bury Council, you can rest assured that all aspects of the Mogul Restaurant are of the highest standard.
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We attended on the 28th of December and had a wonderful meal which was excellent quality. Good value for money and a lovely setting.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Visited the Mogul once again for our family NYE meal, always one of our favourite dining experiences of the year. The food as always, was freshly cooked with the best ingredients, portions are plentiful and the quality is excellent. Service is attentive and efficient and whilst it was a busy evening in the restaurant you never felt rushed and ample time was given in between courses without ever being slow or having to wait too long. I am a big fan of the Mogul over many years and am pleased to say that I have never been disappointed yet!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Last night myself & Mrs K had a lovely meal in the quirky Mogul restaurant there was a lovely warm welcome,a great choice on the menu. My lamb Samber was delicious along with a couple of kingfisher beers. Mrs Ks Jingas prawns were cooked to to perfection served by the delightful staff. Don’t drive past call in for a meal or if not try the very successful take out service.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Having previously visiting mogul, I decided my birthday meal here would be ideal.... how wrong was I.... we arrived at 5.30 (when mogul opens) we pre booked a table for 6 weeks in advance. (We was the 1st in the restaurant) We was seated and given menus drink orders taken etc.. We ordered 12 popadoms 7 arrived.. approx 10 mins after being seated no problem we will eat them and simply order more simple mistake...Things got worse.. the starters arrived for those that ordered starters 4 of us... once the starters had been eaten and plates cleared we expected the mains to arrive with 15-20minutes.... nearly 1 hours later the restaurant now busy.. and I had to chase where the food was while people who literally had arrived 25 minutes ago had eaten there starters and where having there main meals delivered (remember we was the 1st people in the restaurant) eventually 1.5 hours later the food started to arrive.. expect mine... I ordered sides of a Nann and some chips.. these where brought out without my curry.. ok I though it must be on its way..?! After waiting 10 minutes while everyone else eat (after me saying go ahead guys) I asked the waiter where my chicken madras was his reply it will be 10 minutes or so..?! Why was this..? When we are all eating together why doesn’t our food arrive together..? I got up and went to speak to the manger about the issue.. he said sorry and offered to pay for my meal and was rather blasé about the whole thing. I said it’s pointless as by the time it arrives my birthday guests will have finished there’s and my sides will be stone cold..so I’m not paying for my meal as I don’t want it now it’s too late my birthday nes has been ruined..!!! When I did get back to my table my curry was waiting for me and had been while I was speaking to the manager..?!! So again was sitting there getting cold.. I had a few bits of chicken and by that time everyone had finished there food drinks and had there plates cleared. I decided that’s it I’ve had enough and we decided to leave the manager waived the cost of my meal and a drink. This was one of my favourite Indian restaurants the food is good the service is shocking.!!!

*update 4 out of 6 can’t stay off the toilet since getting home, my being violently sick for the past 10 minutes.

Overall I’d say good food however the toilet and our stomachs disagree

Service shocking

Manager just doesn’t care attitude is oh well I’m sorry to hear that.. Rather than I’m so sorry what can we do for you..

Would not recommend this place at all.. eastzeast next door would be a better recommendation

mogulrestaurant, Manager at Mogul Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry to hear that your experience at Mogul wasn’t to the usual high standard to which you are accustomed, as you said it was your favourite restaurant.
I do recall your table. Unfortunately you did not advise us at the time that it was your birthday otherwise we would have supplied balloons and a sparkler as a gesture.
I can agree you were the first to arrive and as stated, your drinks and popadoms were served promptly. After your order was taken, the restaurant became busy but was still under control. Your starters arrived within a decent time as they are all freshly cooked. The mains however did take a little longer than usual because of the increased load on the kitchen.
Unfortunately it wasn’t brought to our attention that your meal hadn’t arrived until nearly all the diners had eaten.
I made the gesture to pay for your meal, including 2 pints but you dismissed the offer, however I still discounted the bill accordingly. I’m sorry this wasn’t sufficient.
We are a 5 star rated restaurant and have been since the food hygiene rating system was introduced. With this in mind everything is brought in fresh and cooked to order on a daily basis.
It’s unfortunate that we won’t be seeing you again over a matter that could have been resolved within minutes had a member of staff been informed. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss the matter further or if we can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Came here for a meal for the first time with family, As it was recommended by friends. Really enjoyed it. Food was amazing. We had the fish sizzler and the mixed sizzler, of which both were really tasty. Staff is very friendly and prices reasonable. I would recommend this place for sure. Can’t wait to go back.

2  Thank BoardingPass745340