Three Canadian families rented Villa Monica in Lozisca. This town is located halfway between Milna and Sutivan. The age of the kids ranged from 10 - 14.
Overall, Villa Monica was excellent. During the hot Crotian summer, it was great to have air conditioning. This cannot be over-stated! The Villa itself is only a couple of years old so it has all of the modern amenities. It was fully stocked and prepared in all regards. The hi-lights were the views from the pool/deck area which over-looked (from a distant) the Adriatic Sea. Dinners from the deck/patio every night were a must.
To be fair and balanced, there were a few things holding me back from giving this a 5-star rating.
1) the Villa is located in a town (Lozisca) which is the antithesis of "touristy". This is both a good and a bad thing. It was very old and quaint. Having said that, there was nothing there except a church and a tiny general store that sold over-priced tomatoes.
2) the Lozisca area endured a serious forest fire one month prior. All of the trees in the surrounding hills were either burnt to the ground or black. The hills in the area are not memorable - just lots of rocks. Many, many rocks. The rolling vineyards and olive tree groves of Tuscany it's not.
3) If you love the sun, heat and water, this is the place for you. Unfortunately neither my wife nor myself are sun worshippers so we couldn't escape the heat/sun - except inside the house with the A/C.
4) the drive to the Villa is nerve wracking. Europeans won't have any problems. North Americans - beware! In the end, no accidents or even car scratches. Just some close calls
5) there was the occassional bad stink due to the latrine tank needing to be pumped out. We called the owner, he dealt with it immediately. Stink gone. Great response by the owner
The above are trivial things. You should definitely go and check out Brac and Croatia. The owner of the place (Branko) was great to deal with. He showed up and walked us through everything. However, don't pay to have an authetic home made meal at the Villa if Clementine is the chef. Unbeknownst to the Branko, the dinner she prepared was over-priced and mediocre tasting. Go to the local markets and prepare your own evening meals. Much better!
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at Villa Monica. The price was reasonable, the weather and nearby swimming was incredible and the wine was inexpensive! How do you beat that!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|