See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Three words, dirty rip off.

We had to spend the night in this so called "motel" -- rooms were very dirty, bed linen probably never got changed in ages. On Top of it the bar was playing music until late making it impossible to sleep. Following, in the bedrooms there only was a bed. The hotel shared bathrooms and toilets. All of this together made me want to sleep in my car. The price was overly expensive. Worst motel ever.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank SoHUka18
Reviewed 13 February 2015

Arrived in Whataroa, and stopped at the Pub on the corner, because they were offering free wifi and I was hungry for food. Asked at the bar for everything I needed, Cold Beer, Coffee, Food,and free wifi and got the lot !

Service is so freely available and it was in abundance here, a power point to Charge up the laptop and cell phone, No problems..... Wifi .... Here's the Password. ( the Wifi was a little slow, but that could have been because of the hordes using it too !!!

The Bar maid took the order and the cook delivered the goods exactly the way I wanted it, for $ 12.00 I got a grilled fish, Chips and Salad, and the latter was fresh !

As the late afternoon sun went down, I enjoyed a moment or two with other travellers, advising, learning, and enjoying the moment. It was everything that i needed and more.

Once replete, i moved on to Hari Hari and a camp on the shores of Lake Ianthe wonderful.

As i drove I mentally compared what i had recieved at the Whataroa Hotel, and what I could have been paying for, had i chosen to stay in Franz Joseph, with its high prices, hordes of people, bus loads of travellers and Loopys !!!! Thank God for the whataroa Hotel !!!

Room Tip: The Kitchen opens early so get there before the locals and enjoy the food, they do have accommodation, however you need to enquire as to the rates
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo