“Very good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2015

We went there for a dinner. We ordered two salads (the staff let you choose which ingredients do you wanna eat), one bottle of water, red wine, a controfiletto di manzo and orata con zucchine. They offer for free also a Cocktail (Hugo). We payed around 40€. Really nice location, outstanding food, polite and friendly staff.

Reviewed 16 December 2014 via mobile

Local dishes served friendly in comfortable setting. Well made phasan ragu and deer fillet with polenta were well tasting lunch. While stopping in Mezzorona, taste also the wines of regions top producer Mezzacorona in the same village. Especially impressive Rotari sparklings beating many Champagnes are worth of tasting stop @www.rotari.it.

1  Thank Pasi K
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We had lunch on our way back home. The place is very nice and the menu very comprehensive, the best dishes were the special of the day. Simply great: polenta, steak and excellent lamb. The price and the service very good too. Maybe the room was a bit too crowded. in general very positive

1  Thank Mauro N
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This place was packed! My boyfriend and 2 other friends dined here one night and had to put our names down and come back 1.5 hours later! To be on the safe side, I would make a reservation.

It was obviously very busy and the waiter seemed a little flustered when he took our orders btu throughout the night he was polite and friendly. We ordered "I crostoni di pane nero col nostro lardo" (about 8 pieces) to start. It was so simple but very good. Definitely a plate to share because this much lardo can be overwhelming. But it was a great starter. Then we ordered "Canederli in brodo" (meatballs in broth) which is a typical dish of the region and it was great. Not too heavy either. I ordered a featured plate of typical Trento food - polenta, sauerkraut, cotechino and another type of pork. It was a huge portion, enough for two. It all tasted very good as well. I can't complain about the dish but I couldn't finish it all on my own. Our friends started with an aubergine salad and a shrimp salad, then for the main they had gnocchi and another pasta dish that I can't remember! They were also really pleased with their meals. Before our starters came, the waiter offered us complementary pumpkin soup. It was delicious! I would order it again if I could. At the end we also had 2 espressos and each had a digestivo. It came to ~120€ which was a very reasonable price considering the good service, the food we ate and how much we ordered between 4 people!

I would highly, highly recommend eating at this beautiful restaurant with its friendly, professional service, vibrant atmosphere and most importantly, amazing food.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

We happened to be on a Saturday drive along the Strada del Vino around lunchtime, but every town we stopped in along the way (Termeno, Cortaccia, Magré) had only bar/pizzeria types of restaurants and not a nice sit-down locale that we had in mind. A good thing we drove through Mezzocorona on the way to the autostrada as La Cacciatora is easy to reach and they had no problems with us not having reservations for lunch. While the cuisine leans toward richer fare, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal (see images). I'd like to add that there was a wedding reception going on in another part of the restaurant, but I didn't feel as if the extra activity affected the quality of food or service that we experienced. The staff was very accommodating, and there was no problem in having our 2 small dogs with us.

That said, the one thing that surprised me was that there were all kinds of diners dropping in, from cyclists stopping in for refreshment or random people like us who just wanted a nice sit-down place to eat. We sat outdoors under a canopied area, so this is also an option if you wish to dine 'en plein air' during good weather.