“Excellent seafood”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

First visit to La Coccinella, by many considered maybe the best restaurant in the area. And it is really good! Extensive menu, or really menues because there is also a separate seafood menu. And the owners have years of experience also from Liguria so you can trust them to deliver top quality food whether you choose seafood or meat and pasta! For sure we will be back!

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

So happy we came here for a long leisurely lunch. We were told to just put ourselves in their hands both food and wine wise and it was THE best decision we made.

For the first time this trip after enjoying a number of degustation lunches, we were so so impressed. Not only with the food (which was ABSOLUTELY beautiful), but by the spacing and ehat they chose. The food is traditional food from the area and a wonderful way to see what chef does well paired with the beautiful wines of the area too. I cannot recommend enough just trusting the brothers to look after you..... you won't be disappointed.
The photo's do not do the food justice.

1  Thank Fi S
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Wow - last time we came here was 6 years ago and the brothers still produce amazing local dishes and welcome you with genuine warmth and desire to make your visit memorable.
First tip: trust the brothers to recommend you both the wine and food.
Second tip: try their fried veal. Out of this word!
We have been there three times and must say if you like great local dishes prepared perfectly and superb service, this beats so called stuffy “high end” restaurants hands down, just don’t mention Italy not making the World Cup. . .

2  Thank Swav_and_Rhi
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Drop whatever you are doing the next time you are in the Piedmont and get to this restaurant. It is one of the very best. Allesandro and his two brothers combine a wonderful atmosphere, fabulous service and impeccably prepared food to provide you with a night to remember. If I sound like I am gushing it's because I am. i cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. it's a little out of the way but go and find it. it's that special! This restaurant goes to the top of the list of my favorite Piedmont restaurants. I can't wait to go back. Bellissimo! At the end of the evening my wife and I went in the kitchen to thank the two brothers who managed the kitchen. Grazie Mille Allesandro for the special dessert you made us to help us celebrate our anniversary. I only wish I could post a picture here. See you soon!

Reviewed 14 December 2017

A place different from the most of the nice restaurants you can find in the Langhe countryside. The menu offers food cooked in particular ways so you are tempted to prove these new plates forgetting the classic food with truffle. This is the particularity of this place and this is also his strenghtness. To try.