Lowest prices for your stay
US$68
Free cancellation until 12/08/21
Booking.comUS$69
PricelineUS$69
CheapTicketsUS$68
All reviews mini golf swiss village golf course tamar valley pirate ship bakery launceston sauna tassie heater
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2021

I'd seen recent ads for this resort and thought it had been upgraded. Wrong! Our 'villa' was nothing like the TV ads, and when we tried to upgrade they couldn't offer us anything better. The room was small and dark, and the small couch had a view of the bathroom door. Stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank Helen R
Reviewed 10 May 2021

Room doesn't look like the one on the add on TV, in need of an update and clean. Quiet at night, which is a bonus.Buffet breakfast was also a bonus, didn't have to cook or bring cereal with us. Bed was comfy.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 29 April 2021 via mobile

Unfortunately for all the hype and the price you pay (depending on the room) - in my case an executive suite, I was expecting a much higher standard of cleanliness, upkeep and maintenance for the room.
The reception staff I can not fault. The room itself felt very worn and needed a lot of things replaced and fixed. It seems on other platforms the establishment only likes to reply to higher rated reviews given and not try to resolve or acknowledge the lesser starred feedback. The room I stayed in had a leaking sink and water stain in the kitchenette cupboard, unfortunately the spa had no been properly cleaned with the appropriate products as the jets still had scum around them, the grout between the tiles definitely needed a good bleach or scrub, silicon replaced due to mould. My main concern is the placing of the bar heater directly above the bathroom door, the paint was peeling due too high heat temperatures and is a dangerous fire hazard if a guest unintentionally left the heater on all day whilst out. The back of the door had heat burns on it also and was dicky to try and close, and the spa at the time of our stay was not working, the bathroom sink plug had not been paid attention to in a little while either.

It’s things like this that most are polite enough to not mention, but how is a business meant to move ahead and improve if they do not respond to feedback given, even in their own little private emailed surveys they send where one has the option to leave all their contact details for correspondence.
I had heard many blissful raving reviews about the place so decided to give it a go and stay for the night. At this stage lemons would possibly leave a less sour taste in my mouth. I do understand that with same day turnovers for their rooms each of their attendants has a specific time frame to focus on setting up and getting the room ready for the next lot of guests, but most of the above things mentioned weren’t from one day missed they have accumulated over time. As for the room maintenance issues they definitely need to be looked into and fixed sooner rather than later.

I’d love to bring my whole family up one day, but that won’t be anytime soon if things don’t scrub up and improve in the meantime.
No I’m not a sour puss and the first review I left on the booking platform I was quite polite about and mentioned that certain things were left unsaid and not suitable for a public forum. But due to a non- response from the establishment, here we are.
Enjoy the rest of your evening & have a wonderful weekend!!!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MiNi_NiNj
Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of 8 with 2 cabins & 1 hotel style room. We were very disappointed in the condition of all the accommodation. The rooms were dinghy, cold & very dated. Everything they advertised that we thought would be fun for the kids was at an additional cost (pool excepted).

The "bistro" was unfriendly with not a great deal of menu choice & the service was very poor.

Not once when we entered the reception area were we greeted or acknowledged.

We will never stay here again & would not recommend it.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank X6808WIpennyb
Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

I stopped by this resort on the way around Tamar Valley. You would never know something like this is there! Well set up and small Swiss replica of a town. There is a bistro, bakery and cafe for lunch options depending on your appetite. Few boutique shops and lolly shop. For activities, you can pay for paddle boats, jumping castle and mini golf. With kids, you can easily spend few hours here.

Date of stay: April 2021