“Just as good the second time around :o)”

Review of Leopold's Cottage

Front door.
Living-room with stove
Living-room
Dining-room
Dining room with ancestor attending supper
Downstairs bedroom
Downstairs bedroom (11 m2) with shower 'en suite'
Downstairs bedroom
Upstairs bedroom (14 m2)
Master pieces
Upstairs bedroom (11 m2)
Upstairs bathroom
Front door.
Children's cottage and teeny kitchen-garden
Lawn with children's seats
Meadow
Internet salon beside owner's house (open Wi-Fi, parlour games, news, DVD...)
Internet salon.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
DilKirbs
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Just as good the second time around :o)”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We rebooked Leopold's after having such a great relaxing time last year, this year we returned as part of a test trip to Europe in our ancient VW Campervan, again with 4 kids ranging from 4yrs to 12 yrs.

The cottage is well equipped and clean and homely, in a lovely quiet position and Isabelle was as welcoming as ever, having a few mechanical issues with the campervan she even loaned us one of her vehicles so we could use it to jump start ours on the morning of our departure...really going above and beyond !

The kids spent hours feeding the donkey and pony in the field behind the cottage and messing around in a large paddling pool we took with us, there is a DVD player for playing our Frozen DVD repeatedly (next time we really must take more DVD's as I think 'Let it Go is burnt into my mind forever!) and a woodburner and good supply of logs if the weather turns alongside the central heating.(and thanks to whoever left the Scrabble set too)

There is no Wi-Fi at the cottage which is a plus for us adults as a total getaway from work, but for those that like to check in there is an internet café currently being constructed at Isabelles Farmhouse which is a mile or so away, we popped over to use the playground, feed the sheep and horses and to update our Facebook status with the wi-fi ;o) you are always made to feel very welcome.

Locally, you need a car to get to shops/attractions and we divided our time between Pont l'eveque which has a new Hypermarket and Lisieux and the smaller shops in the villages nearby. Isabelle can advise the best places to get your morning bread and croissants.

We will be back again for sure and still hoping to arrange to stay in one of the other properties either sans kids or with an extended group.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peaceful setting ..very relaxing
Liked least: nothing really ...
Travelling group: Young Children
Older travelers People with pets
wayner196...
Broughton Gifford, United Kingdom
“The best Gite I have stayed in”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

My name is Jeffery & I am a Jack Russell. My Mum & Dad took me to France for the first time in November. When we arrived at Leopold's Cottage we were me by a lovely lady called Isabelle. I went up & licked her straightaway. I could she was a nice lady.
The house is great. It had a fantastic fire to lay in front of. There was plenty of wood & I felt so warm. When my Mum & Dad weren't looking I got up on the sofa very comfortable.

Each day my Dad would take me around the fields close to the gite. There were lots of things for me to explore.

The cottage was close to the sea. I spent every day on the beach. My best moment was on the 11th I was on the Normandy beaches at 11 o clock.

Just before we came home Isabelle made me an appointment at the vets. It was so easy. I was only in the vet's for 15mins.

I can't wait to come back to this place!!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
DilKirbs
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous escape from it all !”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We are a family of six with four children ranging from 3yrs to 11yrs, we stayed at Leopolds Cottage for a week and wished we'd booked for longer!
A quirky cottage with lovely crockery and furnishings that make it feel homely rather than standard edition 'holiday cottage'
We had mixed weather but always found something to do in the area finding the locals in Pont l'Eveque friendly and the supermarkets and shops there suited our needs perfectly, but the children just wanted to return to the cottage every afternoon even after trips to the beach, they loved playing in the large garden or sitting reading in the sunshine.
Isabelle met us in the village and guided us in as we arrived much later than expected in sideways rain, very friendly and approachable with our youngest devastated to be leaving her by the end of the holiday.
Pony rides and a tour of the farm, bread and croissants delivered on the Sunday morning as we had arrived too late to shop for supplies she really couldn't be more welcoming and we shall definitely be returning and this time to stay for longer! (although would love to try and keep it 'secret' for a bit longer as I am sure it will book up quickly)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: secluded and private when you wanted to be and a beautiful property to stay in
Liked least: nothing .....apart from the flies but a can of spray soon dealt with them !
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location of the house
Liked least: Lack of a secure garden for the dog to roam freely
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The character and setting of the house.
Liked least: Not a huge problem at all, but there was a strong smell of oil from the boiler, which sometimes permeated into the rest of the house.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing