Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rom592

Great stay!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Jan 2022via mobile
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We had a wonderful view of the jungle and mountain from our room. Daily breakfast was delicious and the hosts took a genuine interest in our stay making us feel welcomed. The bikes made getting around fun and convenient and when we got back from exploring rhe island the pool helped us cool down. Cuddles with their animals was a bonus!
Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Vicki and Alan C, Owner at Ikurangi Eco Retreat, responded to this review
Responded 24 Jan 2022
Kia Orana Romain, thanks for your review - we especially appreciate it having been closed until recently due to COVID. We always enjoy guiding couples like you and Libby, a little bit, then leaving you to enjoy the romance of Rarotonga yourselves. Kia Manuia, Vicki & Alan
0.6 km from Ikurangi Eco Retreat
View with ocean to my back
    $153
4.3 km from Ikurangi Eco Retreat
Beachfront
6.2 km from Ikurangi Eco Retreat
View more hotels in Matavera
All reviews free bikes every morning outdoor bathroom back roads out door bathroom provide advice second honeymoon would recommend hiring a car an amazing place to stay delivered breakfast the salt water pool real highlight daily breakfast muri beach a short scooter ride no air con thoroughly enjoyed our stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2021

I stayed here for three nights as a solo female traveler after a few nights staying at Muri Beach. I felt extremely safe and looked after. The property is just beautiful, as are the tents/units to stay in. Breakfast is a treat; tropical food being served to your room by Alan. It was such a relaxing stay, though a bit on the pricey side, I would overall recommend it for solo travellors and couples wanting to experience the nature of Rarotonga.

Date of stay: July 2021
Vicki and Alan C, Owner at Ikurangi Eco Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2021

Kia Orana Dushi, thanks for taking the time to write a review, it was lovely to meet you. We often have guests travelling on their own as Ikurangi is a safe haven away from the bustling crowds. We hope next time your partner can make it too! Kia Manuia, Vicki & Alan

Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

Our trip to Rarotonga was amazing and it was truly made by our stay at Ikurangi. Ikurangi is the perfect place for a relaxing, tranquil getaway. The handmade breakfasts every morning were a huge highlight and it was the best food that we ate on the island.
The hosts Alan and Vicki are wonderful hosts who go above and beyond and organised everything we needed. We can’t wait for our next stay there and would absolutely recommend!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Kia Orana Alex, thanks so much for your review and recommending Ikurangi! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you and Stuart again in the future. Kia Manuia, Vicki & Alan

Reviewed 4 March 2020

Ikurangi was a great base for my stay in Rarotonga. The flight from LA arrives very early in the morning, and Ikurangi offers an option for early checkin so I was able to go directly to the property and settle in. Later that morning Alan brought breakfast and showed me around the property, as well as giving me information about the island and getting around. The breakfasts were always excellent, taking full advantage of the amazing fresh fruit available on the island :)
There ended up being some nasty weather while I was there, and I had to redo my schedule. Vicki and Alan were incredibly helpful, and got me sorted out with new reservations and activities very efficiently so I was still able to do and see a lot in my time there. During the bits where there was heavy rain, I enjoyed sitting on my deck and watching the weather!
It's located about halfway between Avarua and Muri, with both being about and hours walk or a quick bike (bikes are available on the property for free). It's well back from the main road, so it's quiet except for nature sounds (like roosters!) and there's a lot of greenery around. It's a very pleasant location and I slept fabulously

Date of stay: February 2020
Vicki and Alan Candish, Owner at Ikurangi Eco Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2020

Kia Orana Anne, we appreciate your review. We always say there’s as much or as little as you want to do in the Cook Islands and you got the balance just right. As Ikurangi is set in nature, keeping dry and warm on your private deck watching the moody weather over the mountains is certainly relaxing. Kia Manuia Vicki & Alan

Reviewed 22 February 2020

We originally set off for a Fiji holiday with our 2 adult daughters but became stranded in Auckland after our Fiji flights were cancelled due to Cyclone Sarai. In a snap decision, we decided to divert our holiday and try Rarotonga for the first time and we are so glad we did.

We booked into Ikurangi Eco Retreat for 9 nights and always up for trying something different, we chose "glamping" in their African safari tents complete with comfortable beds, fridge, electricity, tea/ coffee, eco-toilet, private outdoor shower, outdoor deck for dining, set in beautiful tropical surroundings with a pool. Our tents had a beautiful mountain view (see attached pic) and we used the beautiful covered decking area for evening drinks, eating in and a couple of game evenings when we didn't want to go out. On one of these nights, we ordered the "platter" which Vicki and Alan organise with a local business to be delivered - superb is the only way to describe this platter (see pics)

This is not really out of the way - its a nice distance from the road, a short walk or ride to good coffee and a comfortable ride to Muri. We hired a small car to be able to travel to all the different beach spots and restaurants each night.

We loved the complimentary and healthy breakfast - something different every day and delivered to our deck each morning.

Vicki and Allan (retreat owners) are great people and wonderful hosts, they give guests a full briefing of things to do, places to go and where to eat (Allan is a chef so knows his food and all the best restaurants).  He also ran us into Muri to pick up and drop off the rental car.

So if you are up for something a little different, we highly recommend you try Ikurangi Eco Retreat.

Having been staunch Fiji supporters for many years, we will now be splitting out pacific holidays and coming back to Raro - its such a welcoming place.

Thanks for a wonderful experience - Marty, Liz, Emily and Charlotte from NZ.

Date of stay: January 2020

Kia Orana Legge family. Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed review and sharing your photos. It was our pleasure hosting you and we are so glad you enjoyed your special holiday together at Ikurangi. See you next time you visit Rarotonga! Kia Manuia Vicki & Alan

Reviewed 27 January 2020

I understand the importance of writing good, honest, and accurate reviews. I 100% agree with most of the reviews placed on here that speak in glowing terms of just how good Ikurangi Eco Retreat really is. I was a little skeptical about booking my stay here as it looked a little bit off the beaten track, but worry not its just 5 minutes away from the main road and once there its only a 5-10 minute bike ride to several cafes which serve great coffee (Yes you have access to free push bikes and helmets too!). I would recommend hiring either a scooter or a car if you are staying here it helps you to get around the entire island and gives you that added flexibility to do just that.

When I arrived I was made to feel welcome from the moment I arrived. Ive stopped at hotels, resorts and AirBnB properties in some 30 different countries, often feeling that im an individual with no name and a room number assigned. Vicki and Alan took the time to greet me, pass on their local knowledge of where to go and what to do. They also made sure that I had everything I needed when I arrived at my room. I was a "person" to the owners which is a refreshing change to the often one line of "heres your room key off you go" How many times have I heard that before!

The room was clean, tidy and immaculately presented throughout. Theres tea, coffee and fresh milk along with plenty of fresh bottled water. One of the real bonuses of staying at this resort is that they deliver healthy breakfasts each morning which are different each day. Each breakfast was definately fresh,tasty and wholesome food that is sourced locally. If you like coffee Neil Dearlove's place is just a 10 minute cycle away; Neil is considered as Rarotonga's Mr Coffee as he roasts his own coffee beans on site, I visited each day and it didnt dissapoint, in fact the standard of coffee is good around the island.

If you want to spend time away from a highly populated resort for some peace, quiet and tranquility this retreat is your place. The grounds are also immaculately presented as is the on site swimming pool.

The Ikurangi Eco Retreat is most definately recommended, thank you for such a hassle free stay. I will come back when I next stay at Rarotonga.

Ka Kite kōrua👍

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Vicki and Alan C, Owner at Ikurangi Eco Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2020

Kia Orana Robert, you certainly are a "person" - a very kind one. Thank you for writing such an informative review, we really appreciate it. We are so happy to have been able to provide you with a restful space to unwind and recharge. See you next time! Kia Manuia, Vicki & Alan