All reviews short walk to the beach general store comfy bed road trip cooking facilities place to stay the kitchen new zealand limitations apartment junction motel coast
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Easy and fast check-in thanks to a very friendly staff.
Very comfortable room, spotless clean, good bathroom with great water pressure, well equipped kitchenette.
Wonderful location, quiet and a short walk to the beach.
We could not have hoped for a better place in Haast.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Nicola J, Owner at Haast Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your lovely review...we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay!!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Travelling west coast is beautiful but taxing with all the scenery and bends so decided to stay overnight here to have a break.
Yes there IS a beach across from this motel and you can hear the waves.. that’s all you hear. Room cosy and nicely kitted out.
No moble phone service and limited tv channels.. only one last night and none this morning.. it IS isolated after all.
Staff friendly and cheerful.
Could be overpriced given limitations above but I’d choose it over another 3 hours on the road for sure.
Had a great sleep and ready for next leg of my adventure.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 1 May 2018

I booked this place soley on the reviews....arriving late and being on the road early being the plan.There was a big rain bomb that night so wifi was out, and tv remote batteries were flat...we can live with that....but then the shower was a different story....2 shower curtains and either freezing cold or burning hot is not a good combination...the mixer wasnt working. When hubbie mentioned it in the morning we were told..."we didnt need to come back"....of course we never will!!! Thankfully ALL the other places we stayed at in our 2 week trip around the South Island for the same price or cheaper were absolutely wonderful. !!! Have only ever done a negative review on accommodation once before and that was in Vietnam and that just happened to be a brothel!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris w
Nicola J, Owner at Haast Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Hello Chris,
Thanks so much for taking the time to place your feedback - despite the content and rating.

We have been waiting for your review as we knew it would be a difficult one.

If you recall, when I took you to your room, I went through the TV use as your husband said he "always had problems with the TV's in motels". The remotes both worked perfectly at that time. If the remote batteries go flat (as occasionally they do) most guests just usually request new batteries, which is never a problem.

Our showers do seem to have posed a problem for you. There is only a single shower curtain, so not sure what that was about...
The mixers actually work like a clock rather that just flicking the mixer lever from left to right at the bottom. This allows the mixer to function as it should (to mix hot and cold water) rather than alternating the water from the coldest setting to the hottest setting. Your 'hubby' didn't 'mention' his issue with the shower...he actually stood in the doorway of the motel and was quite aggressive and agitated to both myself and another staff member. We honestly found his behaviour rather alarming. I had actually already apologised about the shower to him earlier...and said that I would check it out once you guys had vacated the room. I found no issues with the shower once you left - this was verified by a plumber who arrived later to fix another issue in a separate motel. However we now have written operating instructions for the bathroom wall for everyone's safety.

I have to say that while everyone is entitled to give feedback, either positive or negative, we found your husbands aggressive manner unnecessary and distressing. None of us come to work for that sort of thing!
Thanks so much for the brothel comment - I can just imagine what your hubby had to say to them!
By the way...I hope your lost diary turned up.
regards,
Nicola

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

The motel isn't brand new, but those apartments were spacious and had everything I wanted, the bed linen was crisp and fresh, perfect to cool down at night. (I'm Scottish not used to heat,!) . I was only booked in for one night, I enjoyed being there do much I tried to book more, no good, full up all week. Book it, if it's available just go!! The beach is a two minute walk away and you're away from the main town traffic.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Fi111_13
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Everything was alright. We stayed one night and therefore this was perfect. We enjoyed the short walk to the beach. Coffee, tea, cooking facilities, everything you need... we liked it!
The welcome was friendly too and the wifi worked very well. A shop is directly next to the Hotel, as well as a petrol Station.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple