Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
WStewy92
Auckland Central, New Zealand

If you have to stay in Haast

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Feb 2019via mobile
Haast is not somewhere I will ever go back.to bit that is.not.the fault of.This property it's.just the area itself wasn't for me. This property is average and was an ok price, we took.advantage of our day here to sleep and recharge so the private room.they.over in.the backpacker part was perfect although as mentioned basic.
Date of stay: February 2019
42.0 km from Wilderness Motel Accommodation
$161
42.1 km from Wilderness Motel Accommodation
View more hotels in Haast
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with 2 other friends. Throughtout our stay, we were policed on almost every action, be it when we were doing laundry or doing our cooking.

I have stayed at and reviewed many properties and took care to try to praise the hotel management all the time. However, I felt necessary to post this negative review because of my externally unpleasant experience at this property. Both the staff and owner were exceptionally rude and made us feel unwelcomed and undermined.

The property is great however. If you do intend to stay because there is no other option, do no more than to take a shower, sleep and leave as soon as possible.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MRYKE
Reviewed 14 December 2018

We had reserved the entire place for a cycling group. The prices paid were much higher than booking sites showed and the owner was extremely rude to our staff. We will not be staying here again nor should you.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank leachimooc
Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

Positive about this place: sheets were clean. We stayed in a backpackers room for one night for 99nzd. However, the backpackers/motel has no character what so ever and we felt that we were paying too much for what we got. Place feels unloved and dated. Shared kitchen facility was untidy, so we decided to have dinner at the local pub. If you just need a place to sleep, go for it...but don't expect more than clean sheets. Sorry for the negativity but we were really disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geli K
Reviewed 13 November 2018

Not much in Haast apart from a few backpackers/Motels, a pub, couple of cafes and a small supermarket, but a good stop off point, especially when it’s raining cats and dogs! We booked in for 2 nights so we could go out to The Cray Pot at Jackson’s Bay the next day. Well worth the drive. Great roads all the way. We had a double room with its own bathroom. It was nice and the bed was comfy with plenty of blankets. But it was right next to a small shared kitchen which was rather noisy at times. Nothing special for the cost but quite acceptable. The hosts were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I booked this room last minute (the day of having to travel )
I spoke to a lady when I phoned up to book and explained to her that this was an unexpected trip and was would not be arriving until 10 30-11pm that night. She asked the manager and told me it was fine ..no problem at all.
I arrived late (25 minutes ).
The lady that greeted me was so rude. As soon as I parked my car she came storming out and started having a go at me for my late booking and arriving late and how she was so tired because of me . She walked in front of me then slammed the door.
I was actually tempted to sleep in my car as she made me feel so unwelcomed and uncomfortable until she realized how upset she made me and then decided to be nice.
I am very disappointed in how I was treated and sincerely hope that this was a one off and that other visitors are not treated like this.
I will not be recommending this place to any of my guests that use my tour company that are looking for recommendations where to stay!

Date of stay: April 2018