All reviews bowling alley main building twenty years owners and staff dining room family owned central location swiss hotel outdoor terrace min walk easy access charming hotel half board barbara marianne authentic alps
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a week with a friend to go walking in Klosters and I had an absolutely fantastic stay!

On arrival Barbara greeted us very warmly, and gave us recommend ations of walks and other things to do in Davis and Klosters. The room was lovely- spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated with a nice welcome basket. The bathroom was spacious with a large bath.

We had breakfast at the hotel every morning. There was a GORGEOUS spread of fresh bread, cheese meats, fruit youghert and porridge with lots of juices and eggs too. I cannot praise the breakfast enough. Delicious food and exactly what is needed before a day of walking. We also had dinner at the restaurant.The service was excellent. The ginger soup was delicious and so was the wine. My favorite part was the veal which was cooked to perfection.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would absolutely recommend Chesa as a lovely place to stay! I can't wait to come back!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank y t
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Everything about the Chesa is perfect! A friend and I stayed here for a short walking holiday and can't recommend Chesa Grischuna enough. It goes without saying that the surrounding area is beautiful and there were so many great walks on the doorstep. The hotel itself is absolutely charming with traditional features, lovely rooms and very friendly staff. The food at the hotel was delicious and a definite highlight. Every morning there was an amazing breakfast spread with everything you could want from freshly baked breads, fruit, hams and cheeses and much more! Our dinner at the hotel was also the best dinner of our trip. The Chesa is so special and not one to be missed!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Leonora S
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The Chesa has always been a great place to eat but, just recently, it seems to have raised the bar even higher.
The house salad may not sound like the most exciting dish but few salads taste as good as this. Our visiting family were seriously impressed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheDavieses
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit. The owners and staff are wonderful. They have a new chef and food remains their strength. Klosters is a good place in summer. If you like funky charm the rooms are fine. Location of hotel is perfect.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marc1937
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Graubünden has always been my favorite Swiss Canton not just for the majestic scenery, beautiful towns, and excellent hiking but also for the superb hospitality. I had passed by Chesa Grischuna on prior visits to Klosters, and this time together with an older relative finally had the chance to enjoy this wonderful historic property. There is a gorgeous Stube (dining room) with phenomenal menu, and on a nice summer day the outdoor terrace is a wonderful semi-private place to soak up the atmosphere of Klosters. Spending time here reminds me of other famous family-run places I've visited in Graubünden such as the Giacometti pastizaria in Lavin; the Hotel Il Fuorn in the national park; and the Waldhaus Sils-Maria: the Bündner hospitality is legendary for good reason. We got all sorts of great tips and recommendations from the proprietor Frau Rios-Guler as well as fascinating insights into local history. And just one look at the dining room makes clear why this property was known as “Hollywood on the rocks”: The details here are truly exceptional, from the furnishings to the linens to the place settings. Will be fun to return in winter!

Secret tip: it also has a hidden bowling alley, with beautiful murals by Alois Cariget.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family