All reviews steam room pregnant wife hot tub great amenity room facing the lake infinity pool excellent stay a separate living area top floor wellness area amazing location bed was comfortable train station spa lounge basement ladder
Reviewed 4 June 2017

We had an excellent stay at the Hotel Helvetia in Lindau. The staff at the reception and at the spa is very friendly and attentive. You have a great selection at breakfast. The rooms are beautifully designed and you have enough space. And on the plus side: The bed was very comfy.
Tip: Book a room with a view on the lakeside.

Date of stay: March 2017
Rezeption H, Manager at Hotel Helvetia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Helvetia guests,

thanks for your positive review about your stay at our hotel.
It´s nice to hear such excellent words about our staff and the rooms.

We wish you a good time and hope to see you again in Lindau.

With best regards
Daniel Ringen

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Very friendly staff, excellent location, good food and we really liked the terrace our room had with a phenomenal view of the harbor. However ... there was one major issue. I booked this weekend for my seven month pregnant wife. The hotel proudly advertises a special massage package with pregnant women in mind, so I decided to book it! It was a big surprise to find out that they had no massage chairs / tables for pregnant women. All my wife's therapies had to be carried out standing / sitting / or on her side. Lying on her back is too uncomfortable and on her belly is not an option on a regular massage table.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank riiiicola
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Can't say enough about our recent stay. Staff, food, facilities - all exceeded expectations. My wife received massages and facials as part of the mom-to-be offering and she was more than satisfied and the oriental suite was worth the upgrade - amazing views!
The staff support was excellent and super accommodating offering vegetarian options with the fixed dinner menus. Breakfast was outstanding!
No better location on the island, I cannot say much more about this hotel. The best way to visit Lindau.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rezeption H, Manager at Hotel Helvetia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Guests,
thank you very much for you amazing assessment.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in lindau.

We wish you a good time together with your baby.

Best regards
Daniel Ringen

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Stayed two nights in a single room and was really pleasantly surprised at how much I liked Hotel Helvetia. My room was small and basic but very clean and comfortable but had the added bonus of a balcony where I could lounge in the April sun.
The spa areas are modern and comfortable with drinks widely available. Overall, I had everything I needed. The rooftop sauna and pool is a lovely addition.
Staff were friendly and professional

Room tip: Try to get something on the first floor with lake view so that you take advantage of the terraces. Rooms 110-118
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We didn't stay here, but had a great lunch overlooking Lake Constance.
We had tried to eat in another, but weirdly the waiting staff didn't seem to want to take our order - no such problem here! The staff were wonderful! Blankets provided (it was March) to keep the chill off. Food was great, and they cater for vegetarians.
Their outside seating is in two areas, one directly outside the hotel, and one right on the harbor front.

Date of stay: March 2017