All reviews single room train station great location breakfast was excellent one night no air conditioning sleep
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

When I was looking for a room for one night in May some 5 months ahead, I got the impression that this was a popular time to visit. Lindau is quite a special location so I understandably for under €100 a night for one person in a hotel near the station and waterfront was still going to be good value.

Location wise, if you are arriving in Lindau by train, you'll be less than a minute away from the hotel.

Check in was friendly and I was pleased to have been given a room at the back of the hotel which was exceptionally quite.

My single room was perfectly good, clean and everything in good order. Shower took a minute or two to reach a comfortable water temperature but otherwise all was OK.

However the best thing about the hotel stay was the excellent breakfast with a huge selection of fruits, cereals, cold meats, cheeses and breads.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank philstephenrichards
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Excellent location in downtown, 30 m away from the harbour and facing the train station. Could not have a better location.

Clean room and amenities.

Excellent breakfast with lots of choice and very decent food.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2016

We stayed for one night at the end of a week's cycling, arriving in the pouring rain and the receptionist couldn't have been more helpful. Although we were early, we were immediately given a room and our bikes were stored. The hotel is modern, very clean and all of the staff were friendly. The choice at breakfast was large and regularly replenished e.g. fresh fruits, eggs, freshly made pots of coffee. The restaurant doesn't have a restaurant for evening meals, but there are plenty of choices in the town.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

We chose this hotel because we had some problems with the reservation of another hotel and everything was booked in the city. At the hotel Vis a Vis they offered us a single room for a high price. At the beginning we were not very convinced but we decided to stop searching and enjoy the evening in Lindau The single room was perfect even for 2 people. The hotel is nice, clean and its location is great.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2015

I arrived at 9:35 pm and the front desk was already shut down, however the lady at the reception was still there and let me in. For a hotel, that seems very early to shut down a front desk.
The room was tiny, old fashioned, and worn out. I opened the door to the bathroom and immediately got nauseous from the unbelievably strong smell of sewer. I could not use the bathroom at all, the smell was the same in the morning. I could not alert the front desk..as they had gone home.
Wifi was slow, at times painfully slow so I gave up after a while.
Breakfast was poor compared to other hotels in the same price range or lower that I have stayed at in Lindau. Poor selection, bottom tier quality on meats, cereals etc, completely overcooked eggs, no coffee machine but instead a coffee can with luke warm coffee.
The first table I sat down at had a dirty coffee cup. The attendant claimed that it was from a previous guest but i don't think so, none of the other dishes where touched or out of place.
I was asked on check out how everything was and I explained my disappointment with the room, wifi and food and she said that that I seemed decided not to like it and that they have enough other guests who like their stay. So much for hospitality, clearly not interested in hearing my concerns.

Other notes:
I looked at their fitness room, seems very new, seemed very strange, no windows, somewhat overdone with the steam room and sauna, but then again no TV for the treadmills, just odd.
Parking on their property is extremely tight and it is hard to get parking around there.
Another oddity, they had their cleaning carts stored in each floor on the hallways. I walked around the other floors and each one had 2-3 carts stored..just parked in the middle of the hallway. They are covered with a linen, which makes it even stranger, but for a hotel to actually keep their cleaning carts in the hallways seems so unprofessional in addition to unsafe since they pose a hazard in case of fire In general this hotel is just an odd place.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business