See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2018

We stayed here after looking for a place in Lindau and finding this online. We liked the location on the island and its relative proximity to parking, along with the awesome water pressure. However, our room looked very dated; I think if I had visited 30 years earlier it still would have looked exactly the same. Also, it smelled like moth balls. Other than that, when we went to check out, we discovered that the breakfast wasn't free. When we booked, the site, Booking.com, said this place had a free breakfast, but we had to pay about €4/per person for it. So I felt lied to. The breakfast was fine, about what I'd expected, a small buffet with bread, meats, cheeses and cereal. The place was ok, but if I needed a room in Lindau again, id probably look elsewhere.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Great location in the center of Lindau Island, easy entry due to restaurant service friendly service and great recommendations, also at the breakfast service. Breakfast was limited, not too much selection of fried eggs but enough to start the day. rooms have been okay typical Gasthof style, old Bavarian Swabia Gasthof with a restaurant for quick dinner local style, just a little bit old and country side! Wifi was good and free just breakfast I needed to add for 4,50€, long time Parking for a day cost 7 € outside the Island in walking distance. Great Island to explore the shops and cafes all in walking distance.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2016

This hotel in the Cathedral /market square , first impression bit scruffy externally woodwork internally in need of a lick of paint, but we had a warm welcome. No lift , room was 1960s style not impressed until I put on the rooms lamps and thought, this reminds me of hotels in the past how quaint. Wifi would not work in the rooms. Comfortable quiet nights sleep. Average breakfast.

Room tip: We had top floor overlooking the square.
Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 28 September 2016

I booked this hotel for myself and friends. It is situated in the centre of the pedestrian area of Lindau. The visit was only for one night thankfully or else I would have been looking for another hotel. Initial booking in was pleasant enough and smooth.
Can I say here that the young members of the staff were very good but there was an older lady on the staff who needs to learn how to smile and how to deal with customers. There is free wifi allegedly in the room but I had to join many other clustered around the router in the hall, which was the only place it could be picked up.
The room was okay but the floor boards squeaked and groaned, not just in one place but all over the floor area. The bed also had the same noise, as did the room next door which I could hear quite clearly through the wall. Breakfast was past being poor. The toilet also stank of urine. you probably guess where this is going. I won't be staying there again or recommending it. Location great hotel poor.

Room tip: Go elsewhere.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Monkeynuts65
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

I realise this is a very old hotel I believe 600 years, but I was at the point of looking for another hotel . There is a church next to the hotel and the bells chime every 15 minutes from 6 am until mid night. I think I got the Harry Potter room or broom cupboard . It was clean the Internet worked and the breakfast was good, but I'd never stay there again .

Date of stay: September 2016