All reviews stayed here stretch german rhine view
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I use this hotel as a midway stop as I go down to and return from southern Germany. I've stayed here several times.
It's family run and the staff are welcoming and friendly. Helga is an anglophile who holidays in Cornwall and has excellent English. Her brother, the cook, also has good English.
The rooms are clean and pleasant, and the thick walls and double glazing keep out the train noise (unavoidable if you are staying anywhere on this stretch of the Rhine - railways run down both sides).
The food is quite simply excellent. The family source top quality ingredients and I've rarely had a better schnitzel. The fact the the restaurant is full with locals eating out on Saturday nights attests to their quality.
Breakfasts are the usual top quality German cold collations with plenty of choice and great coffee.
And of course .... the view - wonderful.

This time I was on a motorcycling tour with a friend who didn't know Germany. We stayed here as a base as we did all the tourist things, He was chuffed to bits with the hotel, the welcome, the food and the Rhine. I'll be back in September.

Room Tip: Ask for a Rhine view. And go to castle Rheinfels - about a mile down the road, for a magnificent view of the Rhine
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Brilliantly stunning well worth a visit exceptional views of the Rhine and the Loreley Rock ! Beautiful to sit by river and see boats passing by ! Hotel is welcoming and all meals were enjoyable and plentiful! Perfect for anyone.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2016

We had dinner here one evening and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. The decor is dated but the very large restaurant was busy and customers seemed happy with their meals and the pleasant embience.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Driving on the B9, getting hungry, I was looking for a place to get a lunch. In that area you find poor shops for a snack, but better restaurants normally are not directly at the road.
Suddenly in St. Goar I saw this place. Although supposing it serves mainly tourist buses, which is not supposing fine food I decided for a stop and a small lunch.
First surprise was: the service wasn't very fast (like the restaurants for tourist buses would be). Second, the food was really very good: Absolutely fresh "Pfifferling" chanterelle mushrooms, with fine smell in a perfect sauce. Whow! Just did not expect this!
And sitting on a terrace viewing the old Loreley Rock at the river Rhine, ships passing by...
If you have time, really the right place for a stop.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel with kind staff. We have stayed one night in our way to Koblenz. The room was spacious and clean with a wonderful view to the Loreleyblick and the Rhine. Parking was free and the Wi-fi too (the connection was a little bit too lazy). The breakfast was excelent and various. At the restaurant they had fine and big portions of meal at reasonable price. The only negative thing is the missing of the A/C and in summer nights with open windows it's a little bit too noisy (especially when the trains ar passing behind the hotel). In my opinion it is a good hotel, I can recommend it.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family