See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We had a terrible time at this hotel. We had a mini-apartment which was so small we could hardly turn around in it. (I broke my toe turning around in the bedroom). When we arrived at around 5 p.m. in the afternoon someone tried to give us a code over the inter-com to enter the building. It took us 20 minutes to get in, and no one greeted us or helped with keys or luggage. We had to help ourselves to the key on a board where many keys hung! The so-called sofa had only pillows which could not support you sitting on it. So to watch TV we had to sit on wooden straight-backed chairs around a small table. The next morning a maid tried to enter our room with a key, apologizing that she didn't know it was rented! Enough said. We will never go back!

Date of stay: May 2011
2  Thank AriaProf
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed at Schwarzwald Panorama in December 2009. We arrived late on Christmas Eve, the lady at the hotel was very friendly dispite having to wait up for us to arrive. The room was lovely and the view from the balcony amazing. I will be staying again next time I go to Bad Wildbad.

Date of stay: December 2010
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Excellent hotel tucked away in the hills of the black forest. We stopped at this town while we were touring Germany and wanted to experience the black forest. The town of Bad wildbad seemed like a town that eurpeans go on for a weekend get-away. This hotel was very clean and large. We had a one bedroom which had a seperate bedroom, small kitchen, living room and balcony. The location is up on the hill so you over look the town of bad wildbad (see pictures). We stayed for 2 nights and didn't notice a lot of other people at the hotel. I'm not sure if this was because it was May or if this is how the town is. Pretty much everything was shut down on saturday night/ sunday. However, the hotel was a great, clean place to relax!

Date of stay: May 2011
2  Thank starsun654
Reviewed 4 December 2008

We stayed at Hotel Hammer as a couple and the room was superb, more like an apartment, so excellent value for money.
Clean, spacious and with a beautiful view of the town and forest.
Jorgen Hammer, our host, was a great character, and looks after his accommodation. Would've definitely stayed longer if we could. One night just wasn't enough!
Lovely buffet breakfast, too.

Date of stay: November 2008
1  Thank debajay
Reviewed 11 July 2008

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at this hotel in this Black Forest spa town and each time it has exceeded our expectations. We stayed here once four years ago and now, which is July, 2008.

We travel to the Black Forest for the annual Rossini opera festival in July. The hotel is supposedly a three-star but really it is better. For a mere 78 euros a night we have a large two-bedroom suite with a kitchenette (a stovetop and fridge, but no microwave or oven), dishes, plates and silver. We have a great balcony with a beautiful view of this charming little valley. A comfortable bed and a good bathroom. Outside our balcony is a fir tree with narrow pine cones that -- I now realize -- are the model for the weights on cuckoo clocks.

The building was constructed probably in the 70s or 80s, and was recently updated. It is up a hill, which accounts for the view. You drive up the hill, but once you're parked you will probably want to walk.

The proprietor, Juergen Hammer, tells us he used to run a large hotel in Asia and now runs his own little hotel here. He knows what he is doing and how to run a good hotel. Breakfast here is excellent, like most German hotel breakfasts..

I recommend the hotel -- and for that matter the little valley, the spas and the festival -- for anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.

By the way, the Internet is free -- and that's how I'm writing this review.

Date of stay: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank brussels13