See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2018

I always enjoy my meals here. The friendly staff truly delivers on blending interesting flavors to create delicious meals that look like works of art. They also offer cooking schools and run an impeccably clean hotel. Breakfast is a real treat with something for everyone.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 21 March 2018

From Marcus's big hello smile to the minute we left it was all perfect. We had a beautiful room with a view (18). The breakfast was very rich, and since it was off season and we were the only guests that night the opened this big buffet especially for us. Great place, already miss it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tali C
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stayed here for five days during October 2017. It was advertised as a Englsh speaking hotel. While the chef (and co-owner?) spoke fluent English, no one else did. The room was small, containing one chair, making it impossible for two people sit and watch TV or eat a meal or anything else requiring chairs for both. The alternative is the noisy bar. A lobby was non-existent. The restaurant I am given to believe is good, except we could not partake as the menu was entirely in German only. The wait staff spoke German only. The only person able to translate the menu, was in the back cooking.....and who really wants to sit there and read an entire menu to you anyway. A translation would have been very easy, there are many free apps to be used to readily provide the same. Communication was a major obstacle. Our fourth day day there, we arrived at the hotel to find an empty parking lot, everything locked up, no one in sight, and all the lights off. Imagine our surprise. My first thought was that the place had been raided! Standing outside in the rain, with packages from our shopping day, It took us a while to figure out that our room key also opened the front door to the hotel. Everything was closed up inside. When we got into our room there was a note on the bed saying this was their day off and we could get dinner at the winery! There was no info available for local attractions, the English speaking person was seldom available for questions. Again, all the websites for attractions that they had posted on a bulletin board could adult have been translated and provide to the international tourist. The reality is that it is not possible for linguist challenge tourists, such as ourselves, to learn the language of every different country we visit. Hence the reason we book accommodations at hotels with English speaking staff. The location required you to travel roads with scary...and I do mean scary, hair pin turn roads. No view, no scenery. I would not recommend it. It has Michelin rated stickers on the Windows, which I assume are for the restaurant. We can't speak to that.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel, is small and in a residential area. It was well laid out with the ground floor consisting of the lobby, bar and dining room. All bedrooms are upstairs, with no available lift (Elevator). The room, typical of hotels in Europe are small but well laid out.
The bed was good and there was enough storage for our clothes, however some things did not make sense, a coffee machine but only one cup, bottled water, but only one glass. These seemed as though they were not thought through.
The day we arrived we were warmly greeted by one of the owners, but then had to wait for the husband who spoke English in order to check in. Unlike American hotels, the first thing asked for was not money, in fact outside of confirming the reservation, there was no mention at all during check in.
Breakfast each day was provided, and was served buffet style, with all the normal dishes. One of my loves of breakfast in Europe is the boiled eggs, assorted meats and cheeses served, along with the best bread in the world, this just makes me happy. There was a wonderful women on duty every morning, and you wanted for nothing, her English was good, and she prepared scrambled eggs for my wife every day.
My wife pointed out that while the hotel information states that there are English speaking staff members, they unfortunately are only at breakfast or cooking. If you need assistance with the menu, you need a translation app for your phone, as it is all in German. My opinion is that it was good value for the money, and the people were very nice, just limited in communication with anyone other than Germans.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the room was large with its own sitting room and the adjustable bed was very comfortable. The traditional buffet breakfast was good and the in-house dinner was excellent. My wife and I have found ourselves wishing more of the places we've stayed were like the Kronprinzen.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple