All reviews stayed here local area helga hostess leaflet german mountains tv
Reviewed 21 November 2016

We stayed for one week during the European Cup Skeleton races. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, views were amazing, and the breakfasts were delicious. Helga is a delightful, gracious, and helpful hostess.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 25 February 2016

Just as others have said, this B&B was wonderful. Very clean, nicely decorated, great breakfasts, and an AMAZING view. There were five of us traveling and we all really enjoyed the stay. I couldn't believe we had such a great place and at a very good value. Helga was super helpful and pleasant to talk with.

The weather was hot while we were there and like most places in Germany, there was no A/C. So, I suppose that could be tough for some when trying to sleep at night. We went there expecting it so it wasn't a big deal for us. We also had trouble withe the Wifi. If I'm remembering correctly, I think we had to go to the dining area to get a good connection. Again, not a deal breaker for us. A minor inconvenience considering everything else the place had to offer!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this B&B. I wish it wasn't so far away (I live in the US) so that I could go back soon!!

1  Thank cah2c
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Eder is wonderful hostess. She is always making sure we are well taken care. The rooms are comfy and roomy. We stay in family room which is very suitable for our family of four. Our friends stay at Konigsee room with a good balcony to relax and very beautiful room itself. The breakfast is very great and in good quality. The location is really good if you have own car. Eder is willing to give us advices on attractions and even provide us her secret picnic point by konigsee. This is a great stay and we will come back!

2  Thank PhilSung
Reviewed 27 September 2015

This place is the greatest. I was there for second time last August. The first time I stayed there we came very late so it was dark. As I the next morning took the curteins from the window I just gaped..it was like you where looking at a postcard what a wonderful landscape WOW !
Helga is perfect hostess she is so welcoming and helpful. The rooms are so beautiful decorated and there is enough space, big rooms. The breakfast is great. Overall I love this place you feel so good and relaxed there. I will go back.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank beta0
Reviewed 22 June 2015

I learned of Friedwiese Guesthouse from someone on the Rick Steves Forum and checked it out on TripAdvisor. I thought no place could be as good as the reviews here but they turned out to be right.

High on a hillside just outside Berchtesgaden on the road to Koenigsee, the house was ideally placed for exploring that corner of Bavaria, as well as Salzburg.

The house was spotlessly clean and well-kept thanks to Frau Helga, who was one of the most thoughtful, informative and hardest working people we have encountered in our travels. There are so many positives that anything more I can say would be merely repeating others.

Two caveats: Wifi was not working, but wifi was not that important to us. Also, even though it was early June, the weather was very warm. Like most other guesthouses and small hotels in Bavaria, there is no air conditioning, so you might want to consider that if planning a stay in July or August. Any other time of the year, we would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room tip: The Koenigsee Room was large and had its own balcony.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple