All reviews parking place bavarian alps snow balcony berchtesgaden region internet
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We were traveling for business and stopped to enjoy the winter weather. Checked in to a delightful place. Our ground floor room had a porch with chairs and a table with cushions inside for them. The view was amazing under snow. Good sized bathroom, room and a decent breakfast. I found the owners very likable! Internet was a little spotty.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We stayed ther in wintertime, had afabulous time, as the reigion is superb. Hotel is family owned, very friendly people, helpful and guest-otiented. Breakfast is very good, for a little premium you also can have dinner if you want. Hotel offers also a guest-card, which you can use and enjoy to explore the region in some busses for free or a massive discount in amenities and local, even regional attractions all around. rooms are maybe a bit outdated, but take it as it is - not bad. Pictures on their website are very informative and give you some more nice impressions. In case you´ll look for other options for dinner or lunch you´ll find a bunch of them in this nice liitle outskirt of Berchtesgaden. When travelling by train it´s also easy to go for this hotel as it is a three minutes footwalk from the next bus-stop, in total ten minutes from train-station. Nice panoramic view from the balcony.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Out of all the places we stayed at during our road trip around Western Europe, this place was by far the favourite of my partner and I. The building itself is remarkably picturesque, and there is plenty of easily accessible parking. We were greeted by a remarkably friendly and polite young woman in tradition Bavarian garb, who showed us to our room.

What a room it was too! It was large, comfortable, well equipped, and best of all had a balcony with some of the most spectacular views I've ever seen. The TV was in a somewhat awkward place, but I can honestly say I couldn't care less when I could sit on the balcony with a beer stein and watch the sun set over the mountains.

This is the only place my partner and I have ever eaten all our meals at the hotel. You get only two choices for the main course, but it changes every day. Either way, the meals were delicious. The desserts only have one item listed, but if you ask there is a lot more choice available. I opted for the ice cream while my partner had apple strudel pie, and swears it's the best dessert she's ever had. Breakfast has a wide choice available, and you get an excellent view through the conservatory. Note though there is a narrow window of 1800 - 1900 when the kitchen is open for dinner.

The hotel is run by the most friendly and adorable family (we were greeted with the most enthusiastic "Hallo!" from all the kids on the way in), and is incredibly reasonably priced, especially when you include the cost of beer and the three course meals available.

I strongly recommend this hotel, and should I get to return to Schonau am Konigsee in the future, I'll be coming right back here.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Our family spent a long weekend here in July. Hotel Georgenhof is a lovely hotel situated in one of the most beautiful places on earth. The rooms were comfortable, and the service very friendly. We opted for half-board, and were glad because the dinners were delicious and very reasonably priced. The hotel is close to amazing hiking trails, beautiful alpine lakes...really stunning. I am definitely looking forward to going back!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2015

A wonderful hotel. Very comfortable and quiet rooms, good views, very close to Schonau's city center to shops and restaurants, outstanding breakfast, and friendly and accommodating staff. A nice family-run place to enjoy a great experience.

Date of stay: May 2015