“Nice dinner out”

Cuisines: Austrian, German, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This was a last minute reservation, and very close by to our hotel so we were excited to eat here since other reviews rated it so highly. The restaurant is very cozy and has a nice (somewhat romantic) atmosphere. The staff was attentive. We had very nice rose champagne before our meal. We usually order appetizers, but portions are so large here we skipped it, and I was very glad I we did. My meal was very large. And it did not disappoint! I had a local dish with pork and cheese spatzle and it was absolutely delicious! My husband had a pork dish with cabbage and potatoes and it was also very good. I would recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed two evenings at this restaurant and I'd happily recommend it. The menu was excellent with a wide range of classic and modern dishes including some interesting vegitarian options.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Located in Fischbach, a suburb of Friedrichshafen, this restaurant never fails to impress. We have eaten traditional German food there twice and loved the food and quiet atmosphere.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

As per my hotel review.
We booked the hotel because of the slow food and excellent menu choice.
The service was very good, we were well looked after, the food was very good although for the price portions were small.
The wines accompanying each plate were excellent.
The price was perhaps a little expensive even with the mistake of an extra 10% being added (which was immediately returned to me).
But the experience ensured that we did nit return. Pity!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 25 August 2016

When my wife read "Slow-Food" she decided we'd go there and try it out.

We reserved... just in case.

Upon our arrival we were greeted and seated by very friendly personnel... then we sat there... w-a-i-t-i-n-g f-o-r s-o-m-e-o-n-e t-o a-s-k u-s i-f w-e'-d l-i-k-e s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g t-o d-r-i-n-k... you get the idea?

"Slow-Food"! Everything seemed to take forever.

From the apéritif to the entrée, the main course and the desert... the waiting times in-between w-e-r-e s-o l-o-n-g... that I decided, "Slow-Food" is not really for me.

Overall the food was good, no problem there:

The cream of herbs soup "Kräuterschaumsüpple" with little fried mushrooms as an entrée was de-li-cious and tasted like more, more, more please... :-) I have been trying to make one like that myself... I have not been good at trying.

All their products are local, take the local Wine suggestions, Meersburger Spätburgunder, a burgundy wine from neighboring Meersburg is delicious and goes well with all the meat dishes, but that is only my humble opinion. :-)

Bonus: Herr Maier in person greeted us at the table.

Date of visit: August 2016