All reviews the river bathtub shower pleasant walk close to city centre pushed together little venice old town stayed here for one night hotel is located clean hotel nice size bread pleasant stay business trip underground parking euros riverside
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I had the executive suite on the top floor for three days. The bathtub/shower was the smallest I have ever seen, the breakfast was so full I could not find a seat and the fitness center costs extra �... there are too many other nice places to stay in Bamberg (those even closer to downtown), this is NOT a “do again”

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank DRGEORGEBROWN
Christine D, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Kongresshotel Bamberg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Dr. Brown,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.
Sincerely
Christine

Reviewed 23 February 2018

The Welcome Kongresshotel is ideally situated on the bank of the river in Bamburg about 15 minutes walk from the town centre. Easy to get to by car the hotel uses the car park directly under the hotel with access direct from the car park into the hotel (via lift or stairs). When leaving you pay the hotel rate for the car park (about 10 Euros overnight) so ensure you exchange your parking ticket at the reception.
The hotel itself is very funky being in the shape of a cruise boat 'moored' on the riverbank. It is aimed at the congress market but is still great for visitors as the walk into town along the banks of the river, past Little Venice, is nice and traffic free. The rooms are very clean, functional and with comfy beds. If available try to get a room on the side of the river as the views are much better - this was the only complaint we had as the hotel was quiet but they put us on the backside with no views!! To the hotels credit they have already contacted us and promised a riverside room next time.
Travelling with a dog we were very pleasantly surprised to find a food bowl (along with a couple of treats), a water bowl and a dog blanket/ bed in the room. A nice personal touch I thought which reflected well on the staff who I found very helpful.
The bar in the hotel looked great but being quiet it lacked atmosphere. Put a few people in there and I think it would be a cracking venue. Breakfast was really good with the restuarant overlooking the river and a good selection of hot and cold food at the buffet.
Overall a pleasant stay in an extremely well preserved medieval town which needs more exploring.

Room Tip: Room on the riverside of the hotel
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Christine D, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Kongresshotel Bamberg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Allen,
our guests are the focus of everything we do and we are delighted to hear we got it right. Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Very good and clean hotel with excellent service. Rooms are very cozy and breakfast was very rich. Hotel is located in a good place, close to city centre. Some of my personal belongings that I have forgotten during my stay were returned to me quickly and without a cost.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Christine D, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Kongresshotel Bamberg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear guest,
thank you so much for your kind words. Such positive feedback is always a great incentive and motivation. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

LOCATION: Very nice by the riverside, but not in the city centre. It takes you approximately 20 minutes to walk from Bamberg’s old town to the Kongresshotel. We were there for a wedding. The wedding took place at the Residenzschloss, some guests also stayed there. Other guests (including us) stayed at the Kongresshotel. The two hotels are very close (5 minutes to walk) and they somehow belong together. Next time, I would probably book the Residenzschloss although it is a bit more expensive.

ROOMS: Clean, but no style. The rooms are neither old-fashioned nor modern, it’s a strange and unpersonal mix in between. We booked a double room and were surprised that there were two separate beds (we couldn’t chose).

BREAKFAST: Ok. There’s a big buffet with everything you imagine at a continental breakfast buffet. Still, I was not very convinced as everything on the buffet was very average.

STAFF: Friendly. The staff at the breakfast buffet seemed a bit stressed (yes, it was busy) whereas the staff at the reception was very helpful (I had one special request).

VALUE FOR MONEY: Ok, but I still would book another hotel next time. The Kongresshotel is too big and too anonymous for me.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Christine D, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Kongresshotel Bamberg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Julia,
we take all feedback very seriously and thank you for taking the time to contact us as this gives us the opportunity to put things right next time you come to stay with us. We hope to see you again.
WELCOME HOTELS BAMBERG

Reviewed 15 June 2017

stayed here for one night on a Business Trip. Bamberg is a beautiful old town and is a very pleasant place to stay.

the Hotel is OK, and the staff are friendly and helpful with good English spoken. my room was a nice size and comfortable

restaurant was OK wit hsuperb service, but no local Sausages for sale on the menu. considering the location i would have thought there would have been.

anyway, pleasant stay just outside the old town

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Christine D, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Kongresshotel Bamberg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Nick,
We look forward to welcoming you again.