Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2015

Positive:
- Quiet room, even though at street side
- Good breakfast
- Friendly service
- 7 mins walk to train station, 5 mins to bus. +- 30min by train to Stuttgart center.

Negative:
- During my stay (5 nights), WiFi never worked well at night, allegedly because too many people and devices were connected. Receptionist told me the network would be renewed (even though it had already been redone recently).

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 10 April 2015

A single room (with a huge German double bed, but only one cover) was Euro 52.00 per night total. An exceptional value this close to downtown Stuttgart. The Knote is a friendly family style hotel with many good points, but one big short comings as well. First the good: Free Wi-Fi; Free Off-Street Parking in a secure area with a special token operated barrier; an absolutely fantastic Restaurant on the premises, although their operating hours are a little confusing: and finally an efficient and friendly staff from the desk to the housekeeping staff. Now, unfortunately, The bad: NO ELEVATOR!! My room was one floor up, and I made it OK with my hand carry, but I had to ask the desk attendant for help with my suitcase (it rolled fairly easily from my parking spot to the hotel entrance, 50M) but from that point it was carry. That's the shortcoming that could be a deal breaker. The Knote offers accommodations with cooking facilities, the type of facilities that I prefer, but I don't know if I could make the climb, (they are located on the 3rd floor) especially if I was carrying groceries. I stayed in Room 19, it was small but adequate for one person, the room was clean, comfortable, and relatively quiet except when a troop of young hotel guests marched by several times well into the late night hours. All in all, as a male traveler, traveling alone, The Knote is a great find. If I was traveling with my wife, the standard room that I was in would never work. Much too small.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have lived in Knote for one week. It's quite comfortable and its location is also quite good.
In opposite of the street, there is a cheap supermarket; In the ground, there is also a traveling agency. As the others mentioned, the hotel is quite closed to the marktplatz.
The only one disappointment is that this hotel doesnt have lift. You have to carry your heavy luggage onto the floors.

Btw, the stuff in this hotel are quite friendly.

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Hotel Knote is a lot bigger than it looks from the outside. Located just off the top of the Marktplatz its well located for central Sindelfingen and is also close to the Klostersee park/lake which is worth a visit. There is a small, secure parking right next door to it which can be used for free and is easy to reach from the motorway. The train and bus station is also within walking distance or alternatively there is a bus stop up the road which can take you the short journey to the "ZOB" if you do not want to walk

The hotel has 3 floors each with around 15 rooms. All are styled in a very traditional german manner (at least the ones on level 2)- ie lots of wood, and are relatively old fashioned from a design point of view but everything was very clean and worked well . I stayed in a single room with a single bed facing the street. The room was actually quite small so if I stayed again I would probably pay a higher price for a bigger room but for the 2 nights I stayed it was sufficient
Each room has a flatscreen TV mounted into the wall. TV reception was fine but the choice of channels is not great for internationals. All rooms are sound proofed/double glazed, which was one of the reasons I chose the hotel - this combined with heavy curtains ensured I had a good night's sleep.The bathroom was fine - everything in working order although the water pressure could have been a little more powerful for my taste.

Staff were very professional ,extremely friendly and very accommodating, they let me check in early at no extra cost- which was great coming from an early morning flight and not having to wait. They were also very attentive when I wanted extras such as an iron.

There is no lift but the staff helped me with my luggage so it was not a huge problem.
There is a restaurant attached to the hotel as well as a biergarten. When I stayed it was closed, but I had visited previously and can also recommend it.

Internet connection was for free but did not work in my room - although I could pick up the connection in reception. Was not clear if this was an issue with my laptop or the hotel as they assured me that normally it would work.
Breakfast was buffet style with an average selection.

Overall I think this is a very reasonably priced hotel to stay in, very friendly staff and in a good location so I would certainly recommend trying it out as an alternative to the standard chain hotels

Room tip: singles - pay the moderately higher price for a double room as they are more spacious
Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank sarah m
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We chose this hotel for its ideal location with free parking in the centre of Sindelfingen. The hotel was recently refurbished to a very good standard. Not wishing to have to carry our luggage further than necessary, we requested a quiet room not far from the ground-floor reception. Room 19 was ideal, being situated away from the street on the first floor, by the staircase. I was informed that installation of a lift is planned for next year.

Our standard twin-bedded room was (just) roomy enough for two persons, with writing-desk, W-Lan, TV, mini-bar and storage space, and the ensuite bathroom was well supplied with the little 'extras' such as shampoo which are alas less often provided in 3-star hotels these days. The personal safe had not yet been installed in our room, though we saw them in a nearby storage room, awaiting installation.

The breakfast buffet on the first morning was rather sparse, but for the remaining days there was a good selection of fruit juice, cereals, fruit, cold meats, cheeses, fish and bread rolls, with coffee and a number of tea varieties. Scrambled or fried eggs were also offered.

Evening meals were served by a separate catering concern either on the spacious terrace or in the main restaurant. The selection of dishes was small but well-presented and very tasty, served by friendly and helpful staff. Not so surprising, then, that the evening menu was not inexpensive - wines in particular.
We had been warned that it may be necessary to reserve a table for evening meals at the weekend but, when we tried on Friday for a table on Saturday, we were told the entire restaurant was booked for a private function and the kitchen staff were fully occupied with preparations. As we wanted to eat early, we were nevertheless offered a simple meal in the beer-garden before the function guests started to arrive.
Perhaps the hotel may wish to consider the problem of providing evening meals for overnight guests when the limited resources of the restaurant are fully utilized with special catering needs.

Apart from that small disappointment we enjoyed our visit to Hotel Knote and would stay there again on a future visit to Sindelfingen.

Date of stay: July 2012